Inventory & Logistics Manager
Kelly Services, working on behalf of our International Biosciences company, are actively recruiting an Inventory & Logistics Manager to join their team on a permanent basis at their site in Edinburgh
Our Client is a dynamic, rapidly expanding human cell culture specialist developing new innovate products and solutions for the fields of drug discovery, toxicology and life sciences from their sites in Midlothian and Cambridge. Based in their state-of-the-art facilities in the Roslin Campus, we are seeking an experienced Inventory & Logistics Manager to ensure that the company sales orders are processed within a timely manner.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, The Inventory & Logistics Manager will enjoy a varied role, mainly focussing on 3 key areas: Logistics, Inventory Control & Facilities Management. With a varied role comes the need for good prioritisation skills & an agile approach to each working day. A customer focussed attitude to scheduling is vital to ensure sales orders are processed within a timely manner as well as maintaining sufficient stock levels of core products for the scientific team to work effectively on-site whilst also being able to work autonomously.
· Preparation of customer orders, packaging (including dry ice), and shipment of temperature sensitive goods both domestically and internationally. Including the preparation of all documentation in line with International Air Transport Association (IATA) & Accord Dangereux Routier (ADR) regulations as well as commercial invoices, certificates of analysis etc.
· Working alongside the Commercial Team to seek out the most cost-effective & efficient logistics solutions for a variety of shipment types & locations.
· Regular communication to build rapport with FedEx & other couriers.
· Maintaining Inventory of packaging stocks to enable efficient shipment once products are ready to be dispatched.
· Reserving products against Sales Orders on our ERP system (Odoo) to ensure they can be shipped at the earliest opportunity.
· Tracking shipments from when they leave until delivery to ensure they are delivered in the most efficient manner. This involves daily contact with both FedEx & the Commercial Team to keep the customer informed throughout.
· Updating metrics for each shipment to be used towards calculating Monthly KPI reports
· Liaise with QC team to ensure correct COA for appropriate order is sent out accordingly.
· Coordinate with production to ensure inventory levels are maintained to ensure manufacturing schedule is completed within the required timeline.
· Purchase required raw materials using Amici system.
· Inspecting all incoming goods, checking against Amici system, including being responsible for invoice sign off etc.
· Track Purchases to ensure all items are received ahead of being required by the laboratory team.
· Undertake Quarterly stock takes, ensuring any variances found are investigated until satisfactory stock reconciliation has occurred.
· Daily updating of Odoo stock movements as required Updating Odoo to log movement of all stock.
· Continually updating Re-Order Points (ROP's), Re-Order Quantities (ROQ's) & Minimum
· Stock Levels to satisfy demand from both Internal & External customers
· Procurement of products for use by the Laboratory Team as well as OEM products for resale to external customers
· Continually looking for opportunities to improve processes & record cost savings.
· Regular review of Supply & Operations SOP's to ensure all current practices are detailed to assist with training process of future recruits.
· Arranging calibration, maintenance & servicing of laboratory Equipment - recording all related data into the Q-Pulse Quality System, coordinating with appropriate service providers.
· Ensuring supply of critical services such as Dry Ice/CO2 to enable efficient working for both the Laboratory & Logistics teams
· Some weekend work and travel between company sites will be required.
· Maintain & establish safe working practices in facility in accordance with current HSE Regulations and guidelines.
· The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3-4 years' experience in Stock Management, Procurement, Logistics & using ERP Systems.
· Basic facility management skills are required.
· Proven track record in successfully managing storerooms/warehouses required.
· Ability to learn tasks quickly and become independent after training.
· The candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Self-motivated, organized with excellent independent troubleshooting ability.
Ideally have a working knowledge of ISO 9001 and / or ISO 13485 Quality Management systems. Additionally, the candidate should be efficient, proficient, and extremely well-organised (excellent time management is imperative) as well as comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment. Excellent communicator who takes a dynamic and pro-active approach to finding effective ways to achieve deliverables. Proven team player, customer focused able to establish a shared vision and work.
Personal attributes and behavioural competencies
· Able to follow verbal and written instructions.
· Highly numerate
· IT literacy - particularly Excel
· Able to deliver work on time and on a regular basis without prompting.
· Aptitude to finish both day-to-day work & projects to a high standard.
· Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
· Able to draw conclusions from and make sense of data.
· Continually looking at ways to improve processes.
· Strong attention to detail
· Initiative to own problems & deliver high quality resolutions/outcomes.
· Both Team & Customer focused
· Flexible attitude
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.