Kelly Services, working on behalf of our International Biosciences company, are actively recruiting an experienced Immunology Scientist to join their team on a permanent basis at their site in Edinburgh who are looking to expand their knowledge and use their skills in the induced pluripotent stem cell field.
Your main responsibilities,
As part of the R and D and contract research service team, strategically contribute to the identification of new opportunities for new products and also new assays to expand the service offerings Plan, prepare, perform and analyse MEA recordings for clients, including cell-culture and reagent preparation.
* Design and carry out experiments independently with an immunological scientific focus to support client projects.
* Design and carry out experiments independently with an immunological scientific focus from new product development
* Performing daily laboratory housekeeping activities, including but not limited to cleaning of laboratories, stock control and waste disposal.
* Completion of laboratory notebooks and standard forms in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and good documentation practice.
* Preparation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures.
* Following training, provide out of hours cover for cell culture as required on a rotational basis.
* Compliance with all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience of,
* Expertise in immune cell analysis, particularly with macrophage cells and other myeloid cell types, such as dendritic cells.
* Expertise in flow cytometry, ELISA assays and multiplex methods of analysis cytokine and chemokines.
* Expertise in cell culture with excellent aseptic technique.
* Experience in cell type isolation using FACS and magnetic isolation.
* Experience in cell imaging methodologies for analysis and assay.
* Understanding of pluripotent stem cells and other utility for drug discovery.
* A PhD level of qualification in cell biology/life science subject, or a relevant BSc/MSc with 3-5 years' experience within a cell culture or compound screening environment.
We are keen to speak with determined individuals who work with integrity and can take ownership of their duties as well as being able to work under pressure whilst keeping a good eye for detail whilst delivering results.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.