HR Manager - Part Time
Up to £30,000 per annum, pro rata.
My client a leading food manufacturer are seeking dedicated HR Manager for their site based in Cheshire.
You will be responsible for creating a modern, forward thinking working culture at the Cheshire based facility.
- Working closely with various departments, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation
- Liaising with a range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety
- Recruiting staff, which involves developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates
- Developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management
- Preparing staff handbooks
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits
- Undertaking regular salary reviews
- Negotiating with staff and their representatives (for example, trade union officials) on issues relating to pay and conditions
- Administering payroll and maintaining employee records
- Interpreting and advising on employment law
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures
- Developing HR planning strategies, which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements
- Planning and sometimes delivering training, including new staff inductions
- Analysing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
This role would be suitable for a nurturing individual able to work with the senior management team to shape the business.
- Relevant CIPD qualifications along with Health and Safety training.
- Business awareness and management skills
- Organisational skills and the ability to understand detailed information
- IT and numeracy skills, with strong IT skills required if managing/operating computerised payroll and benefits systems
- Interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels
- A proven track record of 'making a difference'
- The ability to analyse, interpret and explain employment law
- Integrity and approachability, as managers and staff must feel able to discuss sensitive and confidential issues with you
- Curiosity and a willingness to challenge organisational culture where necessary
- The ability to compile and interpret statistical data and communicate it in a professional and understandable manner
- Influencing and negotiating skills to implement personnel policies
- Potential to handle a leadership role.
In return, this company will offer you a flexible part-time permanent position with a salary up to £30,000 per annum pro rata.
If you think you have the skills we're looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role please apply now to send your CV or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mary O'Brien on 0121 329 7588.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.