We have an excellent long term contract opportunity in the North East of England for an HSE Specialist to work on our client's prestigious offshore wind farm project.
The role holder will be responsible for:
* Reading, understanding and ensuring the project is delivered in accordance with the Consortium EHS Framework.
* Maintaining the Construction phase plan so it always remains current within a document control system
* Maintaining the Construction Environmental Management Plan so that it remains current within a document control system
* Ensuring that all relevant site EHS processes and procedures are developed and implemented by the managing contractor
* Supporting the Consortium Environment Manager in all aspects of environmental management, including maintaining the Project Environmental Management plan within a document control system
* On behalf of the Consortium, developing required procedures, work instructions, audit protocols and other documentation required as part of the EHS assurance process, within a document control system
* Developing audit and other compliance schedules as part of the assurance process
* Completing audits in accordance with the schedule
* Tracking non-conformance reports ensuring timely closing and verification of effectiveness of corrective actions
* Providing KPIs and other information required for the monthly and other reports
* Attending management & other review meetings with all parties, the main contractors and the client
* Participating in all incident investigations, ensure preventive measures are established based on root cause analysis
* Ensuring that a suitably robust Emergency Response Preparedness and Response Plan is established
* Scheduling regular site EHS walks and providing report on findings
* Developing expertise in relation to the clients EHS Requirements
* Reviewing risk assessments and method statements for activities prior to submitting for formal review
* Supporting the HVDC team with on site delivery
* Defining competence requirements for staff working on the project site
* Maintaining competence records for staff working on the project site
* Developing expertise of the Design Residual Risk Register process and supporting designers to complete the necessary documentation to the appropriate standard
* Ensuring the CDM Health & Safety File is populated by designers in a timely manner and to the appropriate standard
* Attending HAZIDs, HAZOPs and design reviews as required
* Supporting the major accident hazard review process, including participation in the Bow Tie assessment process.
* Degree/NEBOSH Diploma in EHS or equivalent
* Minimum IEMA environmental certificate or equivalent
* Minimum 5 years experience in similar projects in the UK
* CDM expert with experience gained on similar projects
* Lead EHS auditor qualification with recent audit experience
* Management system expertise including knowledge of ISO14001 and ISO45001
* Competent author of procedures, work instructions etc. as part of a document control system
* Strong oral communication skills. The successful candidate will be providing assurance or otherwise that contractors are compliant
* Strong IT skills. The Consortium use Microsoft, Box and Smartsheet applications
* Must be able to work effectively as part of a team, but also with minimum supervision.
* Ability to perform in a fast paced environment and make quick and sound decisions
This role is expected to run for at least 18 months. Due to our client's IR35 policy we are only able to progress with those able to operate on a PAYE or Umbrella option basis
For more information on this excellent opportunity please contact the recruitment team on 0191 2610919 or apply online & we will get back to you
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.