Our client is a leading engineering business based in the North East of England. The company currently require a talented Highways Engineer to join the business.
- Working within a multi-discipline team of engineers, technicians, and other professionals to develop highway and engineering designs from concept to detailed design and maintenance.
- Responsible for production of highway designs, calculations, and drawings to relevant standards, including providing technical assurance of designs.
- Co-ordinating the highway design process and integrating with associated environmental, geotechnical and structural engineering designs.
- Responsible for the completion of specifically assigned tasks to programme and budget.
- Assigning work to and checking the project work of graduates, technicians and administrative staff.
- Preparing specifications; tender and contract documents and supporting the construction process.
- Ensuring compliance with business management standards set in the company's quality, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Undertaking site surveys.
- Liaising with customers in a responsive and client focused manner.
- Liaison with clients and key stakeholders including attendance at meetings
- Preparation and presentation of progress and technical reports for discussion at client and key stakeholder meetings.
- Supporting the project manager and teams with the development of design solutions and the management of the project, including supervision duties.
- Delivering projects to a high quality on time and to budget
- Operating project processes such as risk management and change control.
- Instigate and maintain business management systems and compilation of associated project specific documentation.
- Mentoring and supporting the development of graduates and technicians.
- Able to work and integrate into multi-disciplinary teams and work independently.
- Support in the process of bidding and winning work.
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (or working to) and Member of a Professional Institution (relevant discipline)
- Experience of working on Highways England and/or Local Authority highway design projects.
- Experience of the current Highways England standards and conversant with the DMRB and Construction Design Management Regulations (CDM).
- Ability to design all aspects of highways from conceptual layout to detailed design.
- Experience of design interfaces (e.g. geotechnical, environmental, structural, transport planning etc.)
- Familiarity with 3D design tools.
- Ability to prepare reports and collate specifications from all parties to the project and to collect other data and statistics necessary for the preparation of progress and technical reports.
- Ability to develop and agree project scopes and manage budgets, programmes and quality of deliverables.
- Ability to manage the internal technical supply chain (e.g. geotechnical input), including budgets, programme and quality of deliverables.
- Identify and respond to our clients' values in a competitive market sector. Candidates are required to be self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi-discipline team in leading and managing packages of work to completion, within budget and to programme.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office software particularly MS Excel and Word.
- Proven ability to deliver work within set timeframes and contribute to a good working environment.
- Experience of stakeholder management, e.g. liaison with utility companies, Local Authorities, statutory bodies (e.g. Environment Agency) etc.
- Experience in developing and agreeing scopes and managing the internal supply chain, including budgets, programme and quality of deliverables.
- Proficient in software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MX and Micro Drainage.
- Flexibility for occasional periods working away from normal office location, including overseas.
- Awareness of the regulatory framework associated with planning and approval regulations/processes, together with experience of managing a highway project through the planning process.
- Experience of site, construction contracts and of site management.
- Competitive salary offered plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.