We are looking for a talented Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor to join our team specialising in Health and Safety for our Engine Business Segment in Darlington.
The focus will be on achieving compliance with the relevant health and safety legislation and to ensure the continuous improvement of the management systems at the Darlington Campus. The appointed person will work within the Campus HSE Team and be responsible for assuring compliance with ISO45001, ISO 14001 & ISO 50001. There will be aspects of environment and energy required to be undertaken as part of the job. There will be a requirement to cover shifts in the absence of the HSE Technicians.
This is a permanent role working 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday between 8.00am - 4.30pm. with the possibility to cover various shifts during holidays.
Salary is £40,000 plus company performance bonus
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Ensure that the site has robust systems and procedures that demonstrate compliance with relevant HSE legislation and Cummins internal requirements
- Maintenance of the ISO 45001 management system and operation. Consideration must also be given to the ISO 14001 & ISO 50001 management systems
- Ensure that the site meets the regional objectives and targets and focuses on the required KPI's
- Communicates with the relevant Regulatory Bodies including the Health & Safety Executive, Darlington Borough Council & Northumbrian Water Limited
- Ownership of the health and safety metrics which are reported to all levels of the organisation
- Ownership of specialist risk assessments e.g. DSEAR, Fire, legionella
- Ensure operational control compliance e.g. confined spaces, lone working, working at height, COSHH
- Conduct HSE inspections across the Campus
- Delivery of training to employees
- Support the site waste management contract
- Participate in HSE accident and near miss investigation and reporting
- Undertake health and safety risk assessments, ergonomic assessments and environmental aspects & impacts assessments
- Involvement and support of internal and external HSEEnMs audits
- Management, arrangement and supervision of Industrial Hygiene Monitoring and liaison with interested parties
- Participate in the management of contractors, including permit and contractor audits
- Support to ensure compliance with the Environmental Permit and Consent to Discharge
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Relevant work experience in an HSE role within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of HSE legislation and management systems
- Experience of working with regulators e.g. HSE, Councils, Water Regulators
- Self-motivated with a passion for HSE and the ability to work as part of a team, as well as influencing other functions
- Experience of managing direct reports
- Good communication skills (presentational and interpersonal)
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft office
- There will be a requirement to undertake further HSE related training where relevant
- Experience of working to OSHA standards (desired)
- NEBOSH Occupational Health and Safety Diploma or equivalent (required)
- IEMA Certificate or equivalent (preferred)
- ISO 14001 / ISO 50001 / ISO 45001 Lead Auditor (Preferred)
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.