We are now looking for a H&S Specialist for our client's Offshore Wind Farm Design team.
You will be responsible for supporting product development projects to ensure safety is properly considered and managed in the design of products which will form part of the overall wind farm, such as wind turbine generators, transmission assets, foundations, logistical products.
The role will support in ensuring health and safety throughout the product life cycle through the design process from initiation, feasibility, concept, front end engineering design, detailed design and final validation and verification ensuring safe products for manufacturing, integration, construction, maintenance, operations and decommissioning which meet the relevant statutory obligations, codes, standards, best practice and our client's requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide ongoing support to our client & to assist them in ensuring compliance with relevant health and safety statutory obligations, codes and standards. To ensure compliance with safety objectives, expectations, requirements and safety management system obligations.
- Monitor, review and challenge products on health and safety compliance.
- Support and participate in safety studies and design risk assessment activities.
- Collaborate with other roadmap products and asset projects to ensure a safe integration of the product into the overall windfarm design.
- Collaborate with suppliers and contractors and lead a portfolio health and safety alignment with all main within the roadmap;
- Contribute to health and safety in the procurement for product contracts;
- Implement lessons learned, safety alerts and other health and safety aspects and learnings within the roadmap;
- Support the development and update safety standards, instructions, codes and guidelines, and formalise them into company documented practices as required. Ensure sharing and implementation of these across units and projects.
- Support and lead colleagues in roadmaps and the wider organisation to pursue our client's ambition of zero incidents.
- Filter and harmonise design philosophy elements to ensure alignment of a unified health and safety team message in safety by design.
- Communicate openly to actively engage with the Wider client community on health and safety
- You have a keen interest in renewable energy systems.
- You are educated to degree level within Health and Safety and/or a related Engineering discipline
- You have several years relevant work experience in an international organisation, preferably in Power generation, Engineering, or Energy, the experience should include working on safety matters in design, construction, operations, maintenance and decommissioning.
- You are competent to advise on matters relating to safety in the design applicable to construction, operations, maintenance and decommissioning of offshore and energy systems.
- Full and detailed understanding of applicable design legislation, codes, standards and practises related Engineering, power generation, construction Process industry and Energy Systems.
- Experience with H&S management systems, including ISO 45001:2018,
- Experience managing H&S in the supply chain including collaboration and design.
- Experience with Client / Contractor relationships & management.
- Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written.
We are looking for a communicative and influential Health & Safety professional who is able to focus on both people, technical issues and has demonstrable experience in enabling change in challenging environments.
This position will be initially be based remotely but travel to our client's offices & their customers will be required
For more information on this excellent long term contract opportunity with our market leading client please contact the recruitment team or apply online & we will get back to you
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.