We are now looking for the right person to fill the position as Project H&S Specialist for upcoming offshore projects in our client's portfolio.
The overall purpose of the role is to cover all H&S related aspects in starting up new offshore projects as well as ensuring our client meets its statutory obligations and H&S ambitions during the project development works by implementing good practices to achieve high standards of Health and Safety management.
This role covers the scopes such as: the offshore wind farm, the HV cables as well as potential on-and offshore substations.
This position is responsible for our client's On- and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like Solar and Batteries. They also develop, construct and operate wind generation and solar and batteries installations across Europe
* Implementation of health & safety governing model and management system in the project development works;
* Development, communication and follow up of project specific measures for the implementation of health & safety strategies, plans, regulations and standards;
* Monitor and report on relevant issues to health & safety;
* Support projects in achieving compliance with relevant health & safety and construction design legislation and HSE ambition of zero incidents;
* Implement Lessons Learned, Safety alerts and other H&S code of practices within your area of control;
* Report to the Senior H&S specialist - offshore projects.
The location of this position is flexible, preferably in the UK in Northumberland or potentially Norfolk. There is also scope for the role to be based out of the Netherlands.
Regular business trips are required for this position.
* You will ideally be degree qualified (or equal) with several years relevant work experience in an international organisation, preferably within the wind sector;
* Full and detailed understanding of applicable H&S related construction and design legislation;
* Experience with H&S management and start-up of projects;
* Experience managing contractors as client and/or principal contractor;
* Experience of safety management systems and H&S auditing;
* Experience with Client / Contractor relationships & management;
We are looking for a communicative Project H&S Specialist who is able to focus on both people and business and has demonstrable experience in managing projects in change and challenging environments. The industry is in rapid change and the successful candidate needs to be able to adapt to strategic and commercial changes and continue to build upon the foundations already established through the last years of development.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter. Last day to apply is the 31st of October 2019.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.