Head Of Sales Renewable Energy
Level: Senior level
Salary: 60k - 75k + OTE + shares
Role type: Permanent
Location: UK remote/London based office
Our client is a technology company focused on CO2e mitigation and removal. The company applications and platform enable their clients to plan, procure and manage their Net-zero targets with minimal price impact, with transparency and minimal risk.
The company has a reputation as a forward-thinking technical solutions business with a prime focus on making a real difference in the world's need to mitigate the existential threat posed by the rising global temperature and resultant climate crisis.
This high-profile role requires close collaboration with enterprise and industry energy buyers, with direct interaction required for energy trade, financial stakeholders and renewable energy suppliers, merchants, and trade platforms.
General Job Duties:
- Leadership as required and deliver on sales goals, targets and objectives
- Lead and shape our new business team
- Actively communicate with marketing, product and research teams to ensure adequate market strategies adoption
- Manage upwards and accurately forecast business growth and expectations.
- Following up on sales enquiries within agreed time frames to open sales opportunities
- Schedule activity around new and renewable business.
- Ensure good productivity levels throughout the year.
- Ensures excellent customer experience
Specific Job Duties:
- Complete understanding of PPA sales & Trading
- Analyse, screen and develop Renewable Energy procurement strategy, including and via Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)
- Help set the sales team for success
- Day to day team leadership responsibilities as required
- Help achieve and exceed sales targets and expectations
- Help define sales strategies and execution tactics
- Help define accountability and expectations from each of the contributors
- Develop/implement a clear strategy to exceed quota
- Develop knowledge of Energy Markets capabilities and the specific Renewable Energy Business
- Ensure maintenance of good productivity levels across the team
- Lead by example
- Develop an understanding of the sales value proposition for said products and how they fit into the business requirements of our clients
- Develop relationships with assigned customers to ensure long term partnerships
- Prepare and submit accurate sales reporting and forecasting
- Achieve specific monthly, quarterly and annual sales quota
- Generates referrals and new business leads
- Responds to customer calls regarding a specific set of products and services and identifies up selling opportunities for such calls
- Grows revenue at existing and new clients
To be successful in this role, you will have a genuine interest in the Renewable Energy business and be able to demonstrate:
- A track record of success in Account Management, growth, and New Business generation
- Previous leadership experience or equivalent in account management
- A detailed knowledge of the sales cycle
- Strong closing skills, be willing to prospect, work well without supervision
- Be highly money motivated, be effective at building relationships, have keen listening skills, be adept at asking probative questions
- Energy experience, preferably around the Renewables market.
- Experience of selling information software solutions SaaS
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Masters or Degree level (2:1 or better in numerical, science, business or engineering based subject as a preference)
- Significant experience in a UK power commercial or trading environment with demonstrable experience of taking opportunities from discovery to deal close.
- Experience in negotiating physical power purchase agreements in the renewable generation sector.
- Minimum of 10 years sales experience
- Experience selling and dealing with C-Suites
- Knowledge and genuine interest in the Energy industry
- Highly organised and efficient at managing day to day business with multiple priorities
- English language skills are imperative. Additional languages would be an advantage
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Mature, experience, confident & self-motivated with a passion for selling & management
- A quick learner on new products and sales approaches
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of contracts and PPA's
- Analyse business opportunities, develop effective sales strategies and close business
- Develop account and territory plans to achieve penetration and grow revenue
- Conduct effective presentations to all levels of clients
- Communicate effectively with most levels of decision-makers and employees of client
- Write reports in a clear and concise manner
- Represent and communicate with a diverse population
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality always
- Team player who works collaboratively with colleagues, management and all points of the organisation
- Capable of collaborating effectively with clients and internal analysts, economists, and product managers
- High ethical standards practiced both externally and internally
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.