Head of Local Accounting and Tax
The Dedalus Group is the leading healthcare and diagnostic software provider in Europe and one of the largest in the world. With an approach focus on the continuum of care to providing complete and patient-oriented future-proof solutions to the healthcare industry.
Dedicated to addressing challenges of the modern healthcare ecosystem, while enabling digital transformation that is centred around the patient, the Dedalus Group have been highly acquisitive since their inception in 1982. Operating across 5 continents, in 40 countries, with over 3,000 global customers and multi-million Euro R&D program, Dedalus has become the largest European provider of healthcare information systems.
Today, Dedalus employs more than 5,500 highly skilled qualified people; it has the largest software R&D team in the industry in Europe with more than 2000 staff.
Thanks to our portfolio of leading next-generation solutions, Dedalus covers the entire spectrum of healthcare professionals' needs, and today we support over 6,100 hospitals and 5,300 laboratories worldwide.
Having recently acquired the Healthcare IT business of DXC Technologies globally, Dedalus Spain is rapidly growing and has many exciting opportunities available. We are looking for a Head of Local Accounting and Tax to join our local team based in Malaga.
Partnering with local Business functions and central Shared Service Center he/she will be accountable for:
- Coordinating Local closing activities, reviewing and approving Regional/local journal entries
- Preparing Local Statutory Financial Statements and Country Statutory Report
- Assisting External Auditors in reviewing audited financials
- Reporting and managing cost information at the Account/Contract/Project level, ensuring compliance with accounting policies and translation of the local Gaap into IFRS standards
- Supervising effective adoption of Group Transfer Pricing Policy
- Supporting I/C cross-Charges definition and analysis
- Participating in meetings with account and/or client, ensuring accurate monthly invoicing
Working close with Group Tax and local advisors, he/she will be accountable for:
- Addressing Indirect tax compliance matters, related to property, sales, VAT, etc..
- Assisting in the implementation of Group tax planning projects, coordinating tax accounting and reporting processes managed by central Shared Service Center
- Providing operational and commercial tax support to local Business, involving external advisors if needed
- Guaranteeing local corporate/direct tax compliance, managing external tax advisors support/advice if needed
- Guaranteeing timely compliance to local fiscal regulations by managing mandatory fulfilment and fiscal declarations
- Supporting timely tracking of fiscal changes impacting the business
- Managing relationship with fiscal authorities, in accordance with global fiscal guidelines
Must have skills:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- Eight or more years of accounting or finance experience
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with less experienced accountants and support personnel
- Strong communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Strong presentation skills for educating internal clients on accounting principles
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
What's in Dedalus for you?
· You will work in a multicultural environment, being part of a 400 employees team
· You will undergo continuous training
· You will participate in exciting international projects
· You will contribute to the healthcare system's digital transformation
· We offer a competitive salary along with an indefinite term contract
· You will have a flexible working schedule
· You will have 23 vacation days per year
· We offer real internal opportunities for you to grow
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.