Kelly Services are recruiting for a hands-on Head of Finance to provide strategic support to our UK organisation. Partnering with Group Leaders, you will collaborate on commercial and operational decision making, advising on all aspects of finance, working at the helm of the business as a right hand to the UK MD.
Kelly Services are the 7th largest Global Recruitment Consultancy, US Fortune 1000 Listed, we operate across 41 countries worldwide. We seek to connect people to work in ways that enrich their lives across a multitude of markets from Science and Technology, Engineering and Manufacturing, Renewables, Professional services and Business Support, Finance and Education.
We are seeking a well-rounded Qualified Senior Finance Professional with significant experience in the Recruitment Industry, that will be heavily involved in future change activities to drive the business forward. A strong people manager, competent in both a technical and commercial capacity, you will lead and oversee all activities related to budgeting & planning, financial and management reporting, accounting, financial analysis, tax, treasury, payroll and controls.
Key Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Overseeing the day to day running of the UK & IRE finance function, managing and developing the finance team, maintaining a high-performance culture through regular 1 to 1's, identify their training needs and supporting them in achieving their potential
- Working in a business partnering capacity to deliver high-level advice on all Finance matters to all levels of management, providing both short-term and long-term strategic view
- Proactively identify business opportunities, advising Sales and Operations on pricing, business conditions and analysis of growth assumptions to aid decision making regarding customer agreements, ensuring appropriate legal review of contracts and external legal advice is solicited as required
- Manage the financial reporting processes in all aspects, ensuring all financial data and related reporting is complete, timely and accurate
- Take Ownership for the completion of the board pack including monthly management accounts with P&L, balance sheet and cash flow analysis with full reconciliations.
- Provide appropriate analysis and commentary on reported figures and information requested by Management including explanations of variances, budgets and forecasts to support effective control of business performance, ensuring profit targets are achievable, stretched and in the best interest of the company, aiding decision-making at country & group level
- Consolidate country submissions, anticipating major business issues and proposing to Management appropriate strategies to improve longer-term profitability
- Ensure efficient working capital management, including assessment of customer credit worthiness especially for extending credit terms to medium to small enterprises
- Direct the legal entity accounting and reporting as per regulatory and legal requirements including taxation, dividends, annual report and statistics.
- Ensure optimum cash-flow management, minimum foreign exchange costs, proper credit and collection performance, well-organised transaction processing and timely payment of payroll, purchases and shareholder dividends
- Direct an effective fiscal practice and ensure compliance with all statutory requirements for accounting and disclosure, corporate tax, VAT and other tax and legal obligations
- Drive the delivery of business improvement plans and continuous improvement initiatives, proposing new processes, controls and innovation tactics to improve inefficiencies
Key Skills Required;
- It is essential the post holder will have both recent and significant experience in the Staffing and Recruitment industry (preferably 5+ years), with an appreciation for business operations and the organisational levers in a high volume PAYE contractor model
- You will be a Fully Qualified Accountant with a track record as either the number one, or number two in finance, preferably with 5+ years management experience, with a proven ability of developing a cohesive finance team
- The appointed candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge of US listed business controls, reporting requirements and compliance regulations under US GAAP, SOX, SEC and FCPA etc
- You will be results oriented, with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, strong in influencing and gaining commitment, a collaborative style to building lasting partnerships
- You will have a track record of ensuring continuous improvement and be prepared to challenge, and drive change
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.