Hazard Evaluation Scientist
Kelly Services are keen to speak with Experienced Hazard Evaluation Scientists with a history of working within Chemical Engineering to work for our prestigious client based in North Tyneside. This is a permanent position with a great package on offer for the right candidate.
* We are seeking a motivated individual to join the Hazard Evaluation Team within the Thermal stability and Chemical reaction hazard assessment department in our Research & Development Group at our Newcastle Site.
* The Hazard Evaluation Scientist role provides technical expertise on Process Safety related matters to support projects at both our UK and US sites.
* Working as part of a small, lab-based team, you will be responsible for ensuring that chemical processes are properly assessed for process safety hazards prior to scale-up in laboratory, pilot plant, and manufacturing environments.
* You will work closely with process development colleagues (R&D chemists, engineers, plant personnel, project managers & other Hazard Evaluation scientists) in identifying potential reactive hazards and the establishment of process control solutions.
* The core of your work will involve laboratory testing e.g. thermal stability screening, adiabatic calorimetry, reaction calorimetry, dust explosion testing, emergency relief evaluation, as well as data evaluation and literature review to support hazard your evaluations.
* You will prepare reports based on your experimental results and communicate recommendations to project teams.
We are keen to speak to candidates with experience in performing assessments of chemical process hazards, evaluating results, and reporting recommendations, ideally with PhD in Chemistry.
You will have good working knowledge of laboratory testing techniques e.g., thermal stability screening or reaction calorimetry.
Candidates will need to be persuasive and have proven experience dealing with internal and external stakeholder groups, as well as managing multiple priorities.
Ideally candidates will have worked in a highly regulated industry.
Qualifications, experience, skills
The successful candidate will be competent with IT systems, and in particular Microsoft Office including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
For more information on this exciting opportunity with a reputable company , please contact Richard Hendry on 07827 017062 or send your CV
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.