H & S Officer
£24,000 per annum
My client a global manufacturer are seeking an approachable H&S Officer for their site based in Tewkesbury.
You will be responsible for ensuring the Health and Safety of employees, visitors and Contractors and manage all Environmental aspects and minimize their impacts.
- To identify significant hazards and environmental impacts associated with the business and develop solutions to ensure all risks are tolerable and environmental aspects are minimised.
- Introduce a structured approach to HS&E management and communication that helped to raise its profile within the business.
- Mentor the management team and key personnel when required to help increase their safety sensitivity and understanding.
- Engage the minds of all employees to put Health and Safety first and develop their safety sensitivity so they understand fully what is safe.
- Developed pro-active HSE committees to continually focus on driving down the number of injuries on site and minimizing the environmental impact.
- Introduced an integrated HSE Management System in line with ISO14001 to create a programme of continual improvement and achieve ongoing legal compliance.
- Raise the awareness and profile of HS&E in the plant via training and by placing Health and Safety first on all agendas and without exception.
- Create a team ethic to HS&E, ensuring all injuries (regardless of severity) and incidents are reported, and suitable corrective measures put in place.
- Implemented energy reduction auditing and initiatives to reduce the company's Carbon footprint.
This role would be suitable for a passionate individual keen to build a career within Health and Safety with working knowledge of a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to build and sustain good relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communicator - both verbally and in writing.
- Be self-motivating and able to work with minimum supervision when required.
- Well organised, good time management. Able to meet deadlines.
- Good leadership and stakeholder influencing skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong IT skills (good familiarity with MS packages, able to use ERP systems)
- Appropriate knowledge of relevant Safety and Environmental regulations and procedures
In return, this company will offer you a permanent position with a salary of £24,000 per annum as well as career development opportunities.
If you think you have the skills we're looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role please apply now to send your CV or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mary O'Brien on 0121 329 7588.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.