Gene Editing Scientist
Kelly Services, working with a rapidly growing International Business are keen to speak with Gene Editing Scientists with experience of genome engineering in CRISPR, siRNA or shRNA to join the team on a permanent basis.
Offering your expertise working on innovative products and solutions in Drug Discovery & Toxicology.
Based at their state of the art research facility in Cambridge, you will be responsible for working independently to plan, organise, execute, troubleshoot and deliver Gene editing projects to a high standard and in accordance with project plans.
* To contribute to ideas and help shape future project direction.
* Use previous knowledge and/or experience to identify problems and optimise processes.
* Analyse and interpret experimental data; identify and solve experimental problems.
* Prepare high quality data packages, clearly disseminating results to the relevant stakeholders.
* Report on milestone delivery and project status to the Principal Scientist.
* Be an effective team member in supporting service and R&D functions of the company.
The successful candidate will be experienced in mammalian cell culture specially culture and maintenance of human embryonic or induced pluripotent stem cells with a good understanding of molecular biology techniques including DNA, RNA and protein extraction, DNA electrophoresis, PCR, RT-qPCR, Cloning and bacteria transformation, Western-Blot whilst displaying the ability to test and troubleshoot new assays and techniques
* PhD, MSc or equivalent experience in biological sciences.
* Knowledge and practical experience with genome engineering (CRISPR, siRNA, shRNA), preferably in human stem cells.
* Experience with transfection/electroporation techniques in mammalian cell lines.
* Experience in use of DNA cloning and sequence manipulation software (e.g., Vector NTI, SnapGene, etc.) as well as the use of gRNA design tools.
* Experience with molecular characterisation of edited iPSC lines using (but not limited to) immunocytochemistry, fluorescent microscopy and flow-cytometry.
* Experience in an industry setting is beneficial, but not essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing business, with limitless potential for personal development and growth within the industry.
If you have an interest in this position, please apply or contact the Kelly Scientific Team for more information.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.