Financial Reporting Manager
£40,000 - £50,000
An opportunity to join an industry-leading business in a role that will involve financial reporting and accounting across a diverse mix of Group businesses. Whilst we are looking for a good technical accountant, we'd also like you to have a commercial outlook and pragmatic mindset and be on the lookout for ways to make improvements to our client's internal and external reporting processes.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the financial reporting across the Group
- Completing the Group consolidation process for management and statutory accounts
- The preparation and analysis of month-end results within agreed time frames
- Working closely with auditors to ensure the accounts are risk-free
- Management of technical accounting areas to include IFRS 16
- Technical point of contact for wider finance team to assist with financial accounting-related queries
- Ensuring the VAT return is completed and submitted accurately
We are looking for a qualified accountant with a reasonable amount of post-qualified experience who can demonstrate a great eye for detail and a strong technical command of accounting. We'd like you to have a thorough understanding of VAT and have the mindset whereby you seek out opportunities for improving processes. It is also important that you understand how a consolidation works and have had practical experience of doing one. You could well be working in practice and looking for a move in to industry or already be working in industry in a similar kind of role.
Our client has a flexible approach to work and you could expect to balance time in the office with time spent working from home.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.