Finance Business Partner
3 month contract -Ideally need someone to start ASAP
£21.74 per hour
Flex to work from home as this is a short assignment, finding the right candidate who can hit the ground running is the most important, able to come to site for induction and if and when business requires
Key MUST haves:
- SAP experience
- Experience manufacturing (any industry sector) (supporting with costing, BOMs and Routings.)
- Qualified (pref CIMA)
- Roughly speaking at least 2 years experience in a similar role
Candidates with experience in pharma advantageous but not essential
Job Description :
Local Job Title Finance Business Partner
Main purpose of the role
* To help in ensuring that the site meets all of its operational and financial goals and objectives whilst ensuring compliance with all statutory and fiscal legislation, generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP) and Group and Site policies and procedures.
* To provide the business and management with the Financial and Accounting Information required to run the business effectively and to make decisions - in particular product costing, material costs, stock levels, provisions and production variances. Costing to include maintaining standard costs, monthly overhead recovery and new product cost quotations.
* To deliver sound Financial Management and Control.
* To ensure the completion and timely submission of the Annual Operating Plan (Budget) and monthly Actuals and Estimates. To co-ordinate and manage the activities of the Business managers and Finance team in the preparation of these figures.
* To ensure both support and development of the SAP system and finance / controlling functionality.
* To complete monthly accounts to achieve both a Site and Group trading result in line with the Group financial timetable.
* To perform statistical, cost and financial analysis of financial reports and data and prepare subsequent narrative analysis for Management (vs both forecast and budget).
* To review filling, packing and shipments plans with planning team and challenge assumptions where appropriate.
* To maintain a system of standard costs in order to establish product margins and stock valuation levels in line with agreed company policy.
* To provide new product costing based on site cost expectations, enabling the business to evaluate potential contribution / profitability. Liaise with intercompany parties where appropriate.
* To develop and support user requirements within the SAP finance / controlling functionality, underpinning the business goal of continuous improvement whilst ensuring SAP financial master data is accurately maintained on a timely basis and safeguarding the business reliance on SAP. To monitor authorisations, training records and SAP data integrity.
* To reconcile stock and provision levels to validate balance sheet values, with analysis to support both Site & Group requirements. Provide information on stock write offs and ensure both key and material areas of concern are flagged to the senior management team.
* To assess and review operational issues, options and plans with relevant personnel in order to ensure that the correct business decisions are made. Also to promote the analysis of cost centre and production order variances, to improve understanding and ensure the business is measured against Group and Site targets.
* Management Reporting - To ensure accurate and timely submission of a segmental P&L into Hyperion.
* To liaise with Global Procurement to ensure accurate raw material costing and that the Global Procurement Policy is adhered to.
* To provide financial information as and when required to the R&D mgmt team.
* To respond to ad hoc requests from corporate & regional management teams.
* To be involved in continuous improvement projects across the site, including a close involvement in OPEX.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Graduate / Professional accountancy qualification.
* Extensive management accounting / costing experience gained primarily in the manufacturing industry.
* Knowledge and/or exposure to Activity Based Costing.
* Extensive knowledge of SAP functionality.
* Some working knowledge of Hyperion and HFM would be beneficial not essential
* US GAAP knowledge.
* Good analytical and Interpretation skills on business and finance related issues.
* Ability to lead and motivate people.
* Ability to work closely and form strong relationships with senior managers within the business
Qualifications and Accreditations
* CIMA (or equivalent professional qualification)
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.