Job Title: Finance Analyst
Location: Cheltenham/ Gloucestershire (hybrid)
Innovation, constant growth, experiencing what the future holds before everyone else - these are but a few of the advantages and experiences that a newly appointed Management Accountant will be involved in on a daily basis. With a number of offices in the UK and around the world the company has been able to gain a leading position in their field. The new Finance Analyst post holder will be located in the Cheltenham Office of the company.
In the role of Finance Analyst, the successful financially minded person will be involved with an array of business functions and support processes.
Key duties for the role include:
- Assist with Internal and External financial reporting models
- Perform analyses of project financial metrics within their portfolio and prepare reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Take part in project forecasting and scheduling, prepare budgets for contract work and perform and/or assist in financial analyses such as Earned Value Management, funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis.
- Maintain accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the customer.
- Incorporate contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
- Maintain the financial aspects of project risk costs in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Maintain the ERP system in accordance with the latest financial data.
- Support the UK finance team in conducting project invoicing.
- Undertake any other reasonable task as requested.
Skills you need to succeed:
- Coming from Financial background and be commercially minded
- Be part- qualified ACCA/CIMA/AAT
- Excellent Excel skills
- Strong communicator at all levels
- Committed to continuous professional development
- Being able to work on own initiative.
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics AX or similar accounts package (desirable not essential)
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.