Commissioning / Field Service Engineer
£35,000 plus benefits
Aftermarket and Customer Service
Reporting to the Industrial Service & Spares Export Manager you will be responsible for
Installation and commission of our client's products at customer sites to specification and customer and company satisfaction. To undertake maintenance and service visits on our client's Products and provide technical support on installed base.
Products are typically, but not limited to Hypo chlorination and electro chemical equipment designed to control biological fouling and corrosion at power plants, petrochemical facilities as well as ships and offshore facilities.
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Primarily looking for a time serviced Marine engineer with electrical and PLC qualification/experience.
- Responsible for the installation and commissioning of new and existing equipment. This may include undertaking activity personally or the supervision of contractors and checking of work undertaken by other parties to ensure that their work typically ground works, pipework electrics etc. support the specification for our client product.
- Responsible for completing maintenance visits as requested, inspecting equipment, completing maintenance and repair to agreed standards and identifying opportunities for the benefit of the customer and our client. This will involve in-depth investigations both On and Offshore (including on-site testing, equipment strip down, etc.) and the compilation of detailed technical reports covering: plant condition, safety, serviceability, system effectiveness and suitability for upgrade.
- Will build and maintain good working relationships with all new and existing customers and provide technical assistance to them where necessary.
- Will be the face of our client on site, will always present a professional image of our client's and ensure that all work is carried out in a professional and competent manner.
- Responsible for training customer's employees to agreed specification and will support other our client employees with training and development where necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring that all paperwork regarding installation, commissioning or servicing is properly completed in line with company procedures and are sent to the project manager or service office to specified time-frames.
- Responsible for ensuring all test equipment and tools are kept in good working order and are properly maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring that all statutory and customer safety procedures are adhered to whilst working on equipment and ensure that all equipment worked upon is left in safe and working condition before departing the customer site. Cooperates with client's managers and other employees and contractors to help everyone stay safe. Takes immediate action where deficiencies are identified to prevent harm to self and others.
- Will co-operate with all other departments to ensure our clients overall service objectives are met and will report to the service or project Manager any matter which may prevent the Company from achieving its service or project objectives.
- Will ensure that all sales opportunities for equipment's, spares or service are quickly advised to the appropriate personnel.
Home based, with frequent travel as work location is determined by customer site. Sites are typically UK and World-wide in offshore or land-based petrochemical and marine shipping environments.
Does it sound like you?
If you think you have the skills we're looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role please apply now to send your CV or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Richard Hendry on 0191 230 1177.
Kelly Services are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Kelly Services and are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.