We are looking for a talented Electrical Facilities Technician to join our team specialising in Facilities for our Power Systems Business Segment in Daventry.
This is a full-time permanent role working Monday - Friday 7.00am - 3.00pm or 8.00am - 4.00pm
Salary is £34,000 - £35,000 depending on experience.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Services, supports, and maintains electrical equipment within the determined location.
- Performs electrical preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Performs activities under minimal supervision.
- Maintains safe work habits and actions in all aspects of the daily tasks; evaluates reactive work for safety issues, plans projects so that safety is key, and reviews preventative work for any unforeseen items that may present safety hurdles.
- Follows manufacturer's recommended electrical preventative maintenance schedules and start up procedures.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning electrical and controls systems and components using electrical test equipment to locate the cause of breakdown and correct the problem.
- Utilises plant electrical distribution knowledge to support customer needs and defines location of additional loading or consults the appropriate facilities personnel to determine location for adding equipment feeds.
- Utilises software to track, assign, and prioritise reactive, planned, preventative and predictive electrical maintenance work, and building management control system.
- Coordinates programs including planning, scheduling, ordering, and tracking.
- Performs work cross-functionally to make repairs within one's capability.
- Performs electrical repairs and troubleshooting with and trains apprentices and other technicians.
- Participates in the maintenance of quality procedures for electrical systems.
- Leads electrical work and participates as electrician in improvement projects.
Participates in self and team audits and associated corrective action.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
Candidate will require experience in electrical testing city and guilds 2394/2395 or 2391, experience and knowledge in portable appliance testing and be BS7671 18th edition qualified. The successful candidate will be required to manage elements of their workload around production levels and be self-motivated. This roll will require a person who can undertake an industry leading level of electrical/ legal compliance testing to help guarantee the safety of all people on Cummins sites. .
Facilities Maintenance - Assesses the condition of the facility including its systems, structure, interiors, exteriors and grounds; manages facility operations and maintenance activities; develops and operates asset management systems for Preventative Maintenance's that uses critically analysis, predictive tools and prioritisation.
Facilities Operation - Manages occupant services (parking, janitorial services, food services, concierge, facility help desk, security and safety); manages the maintenance contracting process; develops and manages the facility's operational planning requirements (temperature control, lighting, equipment replacement, water treatment and so forth).
Emergency Preparedness - Plans, manages and supports the site's emergency preparedness program; identifies risks and develops a risk management plan to address incidents such as power outage, flood, and fire; manages the maintenance of emergency systems for fire and flood protection; reports any system impairments.
Facility Electrical Technical - Troubleshoots, repairs, and installs Electrical distribution systems, buss bars, breaker boxes, motors and other electrical equipment to enable the facility to operate properly with lights and electricity provided to the production activities.
Facility Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning Technical - Troubleshoots, repairs, and installs heating equipment, boilers, ventilation's systems, chillers, cooling tower, air compressors and other mechanical equipment, in order to provide heating or cooling as needed to the facility, people and processes of producing products as needed.
Requires significant relevant work experience or specialised skills obtained through education, training, or on-the-job experience.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.