Facilities Maintenance Engineer
£35,000 per annum
My client a prestige manufacturer are seeking a versatile Facilities Maintenance Engineer for their UK manufacturing plant based in Northwest London.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the customer experience is 1st class and that all internal and external areas of the grounds are pristine, fully functional and well maintained. You are required to be hands on and deal with all technical and general maintenance, within a safe environment and to a high quality.
- Working under the guidance of Group Maintenance & Facilities be responsible for the planning and undertaking of scheduled maintenance.
- Ensure compliance with any PPM Inspectors or certificates.
- Respond to unplanned maintenance emergencies, faults and breakdowns by ensuring that faults are diagnosed and repaired quickly to quality standard and cost efficiently.
- Be able to red and interpret technical, detailed manuals.
- Supervise the works of any external cleaning, engineering & technical contractors that are engaged ensuring that standards of service and performance are delivered.
- Ensure that all maintenance administration is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manage stock of facilities/maintenance supplies and equipment.
- Key holding duties with occasional opening and occasional closing of the building/grounds.
- Keep a breadth of trends in the facilities industry and make recommendations to continually increase standards and be cost efficient.
- Work with all other internal departments to ensure that the whole experience is given to all clients who visit the grounds.
- Ensure compliance with health & safety legislation.
- Be aware of Company policies and procedures relating to the area of operation and adhere to them at all times.
This role would be suitable for an experienced Facilities Maintenance Engineer with an electrical biased and qualified in either 17th or 18th edition:
- General experience/competence in providing building maintenance in a commercial business; across electrical, decorating, basic plumbing, basic carpentry, fire system testing, lighting systems, access control, PPM and air conditioning.
- Self-starter who is able to work with minimum supervision and able to make decisions to identify and prioritise own workload.
- Computer Literate with good administration skills.
- Approachable people person with good communication skills, as well as the ability to liaise comfortably and appropriately with people of all levels.
- Calm, organised and enthusiastic, with a positive, "can-do" attitude to the role and flexibility to accommodate tasks/emergencies.
In return, this company will offer you a full time permanent position along with a competitive benefits package and career development opportunities.
Does it sound like you?
If you think you have the skills we're looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role please apply now to send your CV or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mary O'Brien on 0121 329 7588.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.