Estimator / VDA Supervisor
Ripon, North Yorkshire
£20,000 to £25,000 per annum
- Greets customers and listens carefully to their needs.
- Produces a written estimate of repairs using Audatex or another estimating format maximising the profitability of the department
- Follows all repair methods to ensure right first time repair and ensure that it is in line with manufacturers tolerances
- Plans and allocates work for Technicians based on their expertise and skills in the absence of the controller.
- Directs and assists Technicians in their tasks to ensure repairs are completed correctly.
- Checks all completed jobs to ensure they are complete and accurate for both parts and labour, and any warranty process in a timely manner with the support of admin and Manager.
- Ensure that all warranty returnable parts are tagged correctly after each repair.
- Ensures that Bodyshop processes, policies and guidelines are followed and applied safely, including any health and safety advice or procedures. This includes ensuring all time cards are fully completed and any electronic formats.
- Recommends the purchase of new tools if necessary to the Bodyshop manager.
- Maintains good discipline and organisation for the workshop, ensuring it is clean, tidy and safe, and monitors the team. Ensures that all waste streams are correctly located and disposed of.
- Shares daily discussions with the Bodyshop Manager to review workshop performance and to address any specific issues, and is aware of departmental targets and what is required to achieve them.
- Coordinates the training program with the Bodyshop Manager and ensures that tasks given to Technicians are consistent with their expertise.
- Liaises with all departments, especially parts for pre-picking and maximizing of discount levels
- Maintains ongoing relationships with Insurance companies, work providers assessors and other manufacturer personnel.
- Supervises and coaches the workshop team in the absence of the controller
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 to 5 years' experience as a Technician
- Ability to lead others, and work independently.
- High level of communication and human relations
- Ability to train and coach others on technical issues.
- Pays attention to detail and works within prescribed rules and regulations
- Ability to use standard computer applications and internet functions
- Familiar with Audatex and competitive products
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends
- Has a positive attitude, integrity, is customer focused and a good communicator.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.