Kelly Services, working on behalf of their prestigious renewable energy client are recruiting for an Interim Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Lead for an immediate start for the right candidate.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and deliver their equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) plan, championing the importance of EDI in all areas
- Evaluate the impact of the plan, responding to feedback and evidence of effectiveness and continuously improve the plan
- Establish benchmark data, define KPIs and conduct ongoing analysis of equality data to evidence the impact of the strategy and associated initiatives.
- Support and guide the recruitment team to help create a brand that appeals to diverse applicants and removes bias to maintain true diversity and inclusion
- Work with the wider business to create marketing tools and collateral for necessary ED&I events and programmes
- Work collaboratively with the management teams to ensure the strategy and activity meets the needs of the organisation and that teams are embedding the EDI plan
- Lead an industry wide initiative to build industry best practice around recruitment, skills and employment plans and employee engagement, and how it can provide quantifiable business benefit.
- Work with the Heads of departments to help embed the diversity & inclusion plans within the people plans
- Build out and maintain the organisation's reputation in the sector
- Identify and implement training needs for EDI, including awareness on bias
- Identify external trends and recognising best practice to help increase diversity among our work force
We are looking for an engaging and motivated individual who takes the initiative, can manage their own workload and prioritise tasks accordingly. You will be proactive in your approach and will enjoy taking ownership of your role, be proud of your previous and current achievements, able to engage quickly with people and build relationships. You will enjoy interacting and engaging with others. Using your excellent communication skills you'll be able to positively engage and motivate others across the business.
As this is a fast-paced and entrepreneurial team you will be comfortable working both in this kind of dynamic environment but also able to function in a large business with established processes and governance.
You will have:
- Demonstrable relevant experience in effectively managing equality, diversity and inclusion programmes in the workplace
- Experience delivering a strategy or initiative for a group of staff, resulting in improved outcomes
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, building credibility with senior colleagues and bringing challenge and support to drive change
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise and manage conflicting deadlines to ensure priorities are delivered
- It is highly desirable to have strong Excel skills as the role will involve interrogating data.
- It would be desirable to understand the inclusion and diversity challenges facing the heat network, energy and wider low carbon sectors.
- Experience running complex multi-stakeholder projects and programmes, with the ability to balance commitments and priorities across several programmes.
- Experience building relationships and networks, as well as developing projects
- Experience of communicating effectively with a variety of audiences and influencing people across levels and sectors.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a cross-functional team in a matrix environment, including leading without authority and developing new ideas and approaches.
- Ability to learn quickly and manage a diverse, rapidly changing portfolio.
- Experience of transformation initiatives with a large company and how to drive change management
- Approachable, helpful and friendly personality that brings positivity to work environment
The location of this position is London, but flexible working is supported.
Does it sound like you?
If you think you have the skills we're looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role please send your CV or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the recruitment team on 0191 261 0919.
Kelly Services are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Kelly Services and are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.