We have an immediate contract requirement for an Environmental Specialist for our prestigious renewable energy client. You will manage the environmental & consenting aspects of their operational Onshore wind, solar & battery sites in the UK & give environmental support for their projects during the development & construction phases
Your support will ensure sites are operated and maintained in accordance with legal, licenced and client environmental requirements and strive for operational excellence. In this you will deliver input for a structured and systematic approach to taking environmental and other essential sustainability aspects into account.
Key areas of the work will be to:
- Ensure environmental compliance and assess changes in environmental legislation for our clients UK assets during construction and operation; including applying for appropriate environmental licenses of works, fulfilling environmental obligations contained in licences/permissions, chemical and waste management and visiting sites for checkups;
- Give Environmental input in contracting and due diligence; including contractor evaluation and risk assessments;
- Report to and engagement in dialogue with authorities. Fulfilment of environmental obligations, synchronizing message to all authorities and responding on questions or demands;
- Interface of environmental topics between the different operating units of our client; manage and further develop systematic way of working with environmental topics e.g. incident evaluation, lessons learned;
- Work in close cooperation with the Environment & sustainability unit specialists & experts to ensure aligned operation & strategy
Ideal candidates for this role will have the following skills:-
- Degree in a relevant environmental discipline and a number of years of relevant work experience;
- Understanding of UK licencing & planning regimes; knowledge of the UK Legislation and Guidelines related to Environment both in the onshore and offshore industry;
- Knowledge of the Wind industry and familiarity with Environmental management systems;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organisational, analytical and time management skills;
- Enthusiastic about Environment and Sustainability;
- Willingness to travel; and
- A full UK/EU driving licence
It would be desirable but not essential to have the following skills
- Have achieved a competent standard in own area of technical environmental specialism and broadened their awareness of other environmental disciplines;
- Flexible, adaptable and prepared to take on new challenges;
- Knowledge of Solar and Battery storage projects.
For more information on this excellent contract opportunity please contact the recruitment team
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.