Environmental Health & Safety Manager
£50,000 - £55,000
Kelly Scientific are working on behalf of our Global Life Sciences client are keen to speak with experienced EH&S Manager to join their team on a permanent basis at their site in Broxbourne.
You will be responsible for implementing the Safety, Environmental and Emergency Management plans at facility level and for establishing safety and health goals in collaboration with the site leadership team. The new EH&S Manager will develop & implement controls to minimise safety and occupational health hazards, carry out leadership strategies and support for system-wide Environmental, Health and Safety initiatives, monitor program sustainment as well as provide oversight for operational improvement
Key Responsibilities include
· Provide leadership in developing, implementing and managing EH&S policies, programs and practices.
· Works in partnership with local site leaders and outside agencies to implement strategies, policies, and services to increase employee safety & reduce organisation risks.
· Be a safety leader out on the production floor as well as in the front office to ensure all employees know, understand and execute safe work practices.
· Develops implements and maintains effective systems, procedures and training to achieve and maintain an accident free, injury free, and healthy work environment.
· Plans and implements procedures, programs, and files regulatory reports in compliance with the local, state, and federal agencies.
· Be familiar with or be willing to quickly learn; Local/regional permitting and regulatory requirements in the areas of Storm Water, Waste Water, Air Quality, Hazardous Waste, etc.
· Supervise and manage EHS staff, assigning, and directing work; evaluating employee performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; promoting safety, teamwork; resolving conflicts.
· Plans and implements programs to train supervisors and employees to meet standards and to enhance the company safety culture and employee engagement.
· Inspects organisation facilities (safety audits) to detect existing or potential incident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
· Ensures the thorough investigation of all incidents and injuries from initial report to closure.
· Works with the site leadership team to develop site-specific annual objectives for safety, environmental, industrial hygiene improvements that support these goals, policies and statements
The successful candidate will have an educational background such as BS/MS in Environmental Science/Engineering or an equivalent technical education.
Minimum 5 years industry experience in a chemical manufacturing setting. Five years' experience in occupational health / safety / environmental position in an industrial environment.
Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills, computer skills with MS Office applications.
We are keen to speak with individuals who are Self-driven and reliable with the ability to effectively manage your time and projects and to meet deadlines reliably.
You will have a proven record of accomplishment of problem solving skills and developing solutions to produce deliverables and meet timelines.
Demonstrated ability to work with people at all levels of the organisation and with outside agencies.
Process orientated, detailed, logical, analytical, meticulous and highly organised, able to analyse data and implement solutions.
Adaptable and willing to take on multiple new tasks and responsibilities while managing and prioritising multiple tasks within a dynamic work environment.
If you are interested in joing a growing business, please apply or contact the Kelly Scientific team for more information.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.