We have an immediate long term contract requirement for an Environmental & Sustainability Specialist for our prestigious renewable energy client. You will manage the environmental & consenting aspects of their operational Onshore wind, solar & battery sites in the UK & give environmental support for their projects during the development & construction phases
Your support will ensure sites are operated and maintained in accordance with legal, licenced and client environmental requirements and strive for operational excellence. In this you will deliver input for a structured and systematic approach to taking environmental and other essential sustainability aspects into account.
Key areas of the work will be to:
- Ensure environmental compliance and assess changes in environmental legislation for our clients onshore assets during operation; including applying for appropriate environmental licenses of works, fulfilling environmental obligations contained in licences/permissions, chemical and waste management and visiting sites for checkups;
- Provide occasional environmental support in the development & construction of our clients onshore wind, solar & battery projects;
- Give Environmental & sustainability input in contracting and due diligence; including contractor evaluation and risk assessments;
- Regular liaison with regulators and authorities for our onshore operational assets to include fulfillment of environmental obligations and responding on questions or demands;
- Interface of environmental topics between the different operating units of our client;
- Manage and further develop systematic way of working with environmental topics e.g. incident evaluation, lessons learned;
- Work together with other specialists inside and outside your own work area such as technical disciplines and environmental consultants;
- Work in close cooperation with the specific H&S specialist and interdisciplinary project teams for each of our clients onshore sites in the UK to decrease environmental risks and improve the sustainability performance; and
- Work in close cooperation with the Environment and Sustainability Unit specialists & experts to ensure aligned operation and strategy
Ideal candidates for this role will have the following skills:-
- Degree in a relevant environmental discipline and a number of years of relevant work experience;
- Understanding of UK licencing & planning regimes; knowledge of the UK Legislation and Guidelines related to Environment;
- Knowledge of the Wind industry and familiarity with Environmental management systems;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organisational, analytical and time management skills;
- Enthusiastic about Environment and Sustainability;
- Willingness to travel; and
- A full UK/EU driving licence
It would be desirable but not essential to have the following skills
- Have achieved a competent standard in own area of technical environmental specialism and broadened their awareness of other environmental disciplines;
- Flexible, adaptable and prepared to take on new challenges;
- Knowledge of Solar and Battery storage projects.
This role will initially be based from home but will require some time in the office once it is safe to do so. Our client could base this position from their offices in the North East of England or London
For more information on this excellent contract opportunity please contact the recruitment team
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.