Our Client is a leading electronic manufacturing business based in the North East of England. The company currently require a talented Engineering Manager to join the business.
Purpose of the role:
- Design and develop new products in line with the business product development roadmap
- Manage the engineering team to maximise their performance and development both individually and collectively.
- Liaise with external suppliers to integrate their components into company products in an efficient, cost effective and timely manner
- Deliver new product development projects on time, on budget and on specification
- Provide ideas, knowledge and improvements to improve our products and processes
- Deliver the product roadmap on time, on budget and to specification
- Provide leadership to the Engineering Team
- Measure and track projects against schedule and budgets and allocate resources as required to accomplish goals
- Communicate effectively with customers, product management, the sales team and other interested parties
- Organise the department to manage external suppliers, solve any issues with external suppliers and source new suppliers when required
- Budget and execute to budget
- Ensure all company products meet certification requirements
- Supervise and schedule the work activities for the Engineering Department
- Hire and train new employees and develop current employees
- Develop and monitor departmental objectives and ensure they are in-line with company objectives
- Analyse and solve engineering related problems with assistance of other departmental staff
- Ensure all new product development projects flow through the internal product development process
- Coordinate all engineering changes through the company system
- Drive continuous improvement of products, processes, quality and cost to improve our competitiveness
- Design products for manufacture
- Investigate and implement a platform approach across our product range
- Hold monthly 1-2-1 meetings and annual appraisals with all members of your team and improve their performance
- Contribute to ideas and manage the development of special projects - eg customer specific products
- Value analysis and value engineering on existing products to reduce costs, lead times and increase efficiency
- Provide a monthly report with departmental metrics to the Directors to communicate on all new product development and product modifications / updates.
- Degree in Engineering (Or qualified to above level by relevant industrial experience).
- Relevant industry experience in a similar role
- Track record of improving teams (5+) and developing people
- Ability to make decisions based on high quality interpretation of information
- Demonstrable ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects on-time, on-specification and on budget
- Excellent IT skills
- Great analytical and maths skills
- A commitment to self-development and professional development
- Excellent judgement, problem solving and critical thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MBA / Masters in Engineering
- Knowledge of IoT applications or firmware
- Knowledge of EMC and safety testing
- Up to £55000 and a comprehensive benefits package.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.