This Power Engineering company is an electrical engineering design & build contractor specialising in high voltage power distribution projects and maintenance. Their Senior Management Team have over 75 years of experience in power transmission & distribution, having spent most of their careers working in project or commissioning management on major turnkey projects up to 400kV.
Following sustained growth, we are focusing on ambitious plans to enter the UK and APAC renewables market as a developer of renewable energy projects. This new role is seen as a natural progression for a well-established engineering company which has quality at its core.
Responsibilities of the role
They are looking to develop our capabilities in the design, assessment (technical and financial) and delivery of solar (ground mount and rooftop), battery storage and wind projects.
The right candidate will bring a passion for renewable energy and the drive to deliver quality project developments. Additionally, this role will offer the opportunity for the candidate to take on a range of project development tasks to complement their existing technical solar PV design experience.
To act as development engineer solar PV, BESS and wind schemes, the candidate must take ownership of all generic technical documents relating to mechanical and electrical design; have a knowledge data communications for the systems; be self-motivated, work independently from home and have good liaison skills with our management team and to develop relationships with key suppliers and sub-contractors in the UK to ensure the development and delivery of quality, economic subsidy free solar schemes.
- Provide conceptual designs, yield forecasts, that can be used for structural surveyors, planners and site visits
- Support colleagues with financial analysis, GIS analysis and on communicating technical information
- Manage the development of cost effective design and engineering solutions and deliver complete design packages
- Production of technical specifications
- Management of technical relationships with sub-contractors, funders and Distribution Network Operators
- Ensure full compliance with quality and H&S
- Deliver the specification of components for the procurement process
- Sign off and support the commissioning of completed systems and the related G99 testing process
- Collaborate with UK Director for other initiatives
- Assist in the survey of potential future projects
- Represent the company with schools and at external events where required
- You will have preferred experience and skills in PV design software e.g. Helioscope, PVSyst, be able to analyse and create CAD designs
- Previous experience of developing renewable energy systems technology projects is essential for this role
- You will be degree qualified (or equivalent) in a highly numeric or Science/Engineering based subject.
- You will understand the UK renewables market landscape,
- You will have experience in DNO/TNO connection studies, applications and connection offers.
- Ability to prepare and write high quality concise documents to convey project progress, status and financial information to internal and external project stakeholders
- Be well versed in reviewing and creating (desirable) financial models
- Ability to collate, analyse and act upon complex and diverse information from a variety of sources and produce good quality management data for director level decision making is essential
- You will have strong organisational and analytical skills
Most importantly, this is a new role in a new an exciting phase for the company.
Above all we require a team player who can work collaboratively. We want a self-starter who can bring personality, skills and new ways of thinking to this dynamic industry.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.