We are looking for several talented Engine Workshop Technician to join our team specialising in Service for our Distribution Business Segment in Wellingborough.
This is a permanent role working Monday - Friday 8.00am - 4.00pm Salary is £29,000 - £39,000 depending on experience.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Completes troubleshooting, repairs and rebuilds on engine products in a service workshop independently while coaching and developing less experienced technicians
- Applies documented procedures and policies to perform diagnostics and complex repairs
- Performs preventative maintenance based on assessment of engine
- Completes required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, warranty claims and quality forms, via handwritten or business system input screens
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
- Coaches and develops technicians and/or apprentices and transfers knowledge and experience to others; may provide work direction; may review repair plans, parts lists
- Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
- Adheres to and ensures adherence of more junior technicians to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
Service Documentation - Creates and verifies customer, equipment and technical information; captures specific data using required service tools; follows procedures and documents required information in the service management system in order to have an accurate record of the work done.
Technical Escalation - Obtains product technical issue information and utilises available resources including data management tools; elevates issues to a higher level of expertise, balancing timeliness of customer response with investigation efforts; captures all troubleshooting steps in the appropriate database in order to ensure seamless transitions and accurate response to ticket resolution in a timely manner.
Diagnostics Application - Translates customer complaints to develop troubleshooting plan; troubleshoots issue following guided work flows, procedures, specialised equipment such as mechanical and electronic service tools, and diagnoses computer software to isolate failed components to enable a successful repair; validates repair by duplicating complaint to ensure it has been resolved; documents results of troubleshooting in business systems to communicate what has been done for payment and historical tracking.
Electronic Service Tool Application - Identifies the suite of available hardware and software tools required for a service event; utilises the appropriate electronic tool set to maintain the product or diagnose and troubleshoot an issue; interprets electronic tool results or recommendations to determine next steps for service resolution.
Product Repair and Maintenance - Repairs and maintains mechanical/electrical products following guidelines, using required tools within standard repair time to ensure a quality repair; disassembles and assembles engines or power generators following guidelines, using required tools to ensure a clean and organised environment; inspects and replaces parts and components following re-use guidelines to minimise customers cost of ownership; performs progressive damage check following guidelines to restore to pre-failure condition.
Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
Locally valid driving permit (Preferred)
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.