Kelly Services, working on behalf of our International Biosciences company, are actively recruiting an experienced Electrophysiologist to join their team on a permanent basis at their site in Edinburgh to support the company's growing client base and increase the company portfolio of MEA assays in the induced pluripotent stem cell field.
Your main responsibilities,
As part of the R and D and contract research service team, you will strategically contribute to the identification of new opportunities for new products and also new assays to expand the service offerings
* Plan, prepare, perform and analyse MEA recordings for clients, including cell-culture and reagent preparation.
* Plan, prepare, perform and analyse MEA projects for internal product development and validation, including cell-culture and reagent preparation.
* Provide technical support to customers, R&D and Commerce in regards to electrophysiology and functional data
* Present scientific communications of functional data obtained from cells.
* Developing SOPs for culturing, recording and analysis of cells' electrophysiological properties
* Plan and cost out projects in advance and monitor usage and time for final costings of projects.
* Completion of laboratory notebooks and standard forms in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and good documentation practice.
* Preparation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures.
* Some weekend work may be required
* Following training, provide out of hours cover for cell culture as required on a rotational basis.
* Compliance with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience of,
* Expertise in cardiac OR neuronal electrophysiology (patch-clamp, automated, sharps electrode or MEA)
* Sterile cell culture technique
* Ephys data analysis and software
* A PhD level of qualification in cell biology/life science subject, or a relevant BSc/MSc with 3-5 years' experience within a cell culture or compound screening environment.
* Experience with stem cell-derived cell-line cell culture .
* Experience in cardiac AND neuronal electrophysiology
* Experience in other forms of electrophysiology (epithelial, retinal etc.)
* Experience in a CRO/GLP environment
We are keen to speak with determined individuals who work with integrity and can take ownership of their duties as well as being able to work under pressure whilst keeping a good eye for detail whilst delivering results.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.