Our Client is a leading electronic manufacturing company based in the North East of England. The company currently require a talented Electronics Technician to join the business.
Purpose of the Role:
* Supporting all aspects of electrical and electronic design of company products.
* Provide electronics expertise and input from component selection and evaluation to validation and test.
* Lead fault diagnosis and root cause analysis on products supported where necessary by suppliers.
* Provide a first point of contact for colleagues across the business with question or problems related to the performance of products.
* Provide technical evaluation of alternative components and solutions.
* Support development of product and component test plans.
* Carry out test plans and document results / reports.
* Participate in new product development projects.
* Fault diagnosis of products with electronic defects either during delivery or as field returns.
* Produce schematics, PCB layouts and BOMs for LED modules and similar simple projects.
* Research new LED and driver technologies.
* Support project teams to ensure our products meet the company's specifications, customer expectations especially EMC and electrical safety.
* Work closely with colleagues in the technical team (mechanical, industrial design, software) to produce prototypes and proof of concept models.
* ONC/HNC in electronics (Or qualified to above level by relevant industrial experience).
* Relevant industry experience in a similar role
* Experience in electronics repair / analysis
* Able to make a positive contribution to the overall team
* Good communication skills
* Good IT skills
* A commitment to self-development and professional development
* Excellent judgement, problem solving and critical thinking
* Knowledge of EMC and safety testing and interpretation of results.
* Demonstratable passion for new technology
* A proven track record of achievement (personally and professionally)
* Up to £30,000 plus a comprehensive benefits package
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.