Electronics Development Engineer
Salary circa £45,000 per annum
My client an automotive engineering company are seeking a adaptive Electronics Development Engineer for their site based near Shrewsbury.
You will be responsible for the development and innovation of product designs and prototyping, focusing on the electronic elements and offering creative solutions.
- PCB design and layout.
- Producing necessary assembly files and liaising with PCB assembly subcontractors.
- Producing project scope documentation.
- Manage projects utilising sub-contact development partners.
- Firmware programming and testing in C.
- Producing and testing prototypes.
- Fault finding of PCBs and systems.
- Develop test solutions to problems to ensure product quality.
- Identify and recommend product improvements to improve technical performance.
- Understanding, compile and managing hardware design through to external suppliers.
- Leading the qualification, test, and requirements management aspects of physical design, including EMC and radio performance etc.
- Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical innovations.
This role would be suitable for a highly skilled and energetic Electronics Designers who is keen on being fully involved within an organisation.
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in both analogue and digital Electronic Hardware Design.
- Experience in power electronics dealing with ~10kW systems.
- Experience of PCB layout (Altium or similar).
- Proven project management skills.
- Self-motivated to work with minimal supervision on multiple simultaneous projects as a part of a small team of engineers.
- Good communication skills verbally and in writing (producing design documentation).
- A knowledge of compliance requirements - CE, FCC etc.
- Strong embedded firmware skills in C.
- Power converter systems design.
- Knowledge of CAN bus networks, particularly SAE J1939.
- An understanding of design for EMC.
- RF communications knowledge.
In return, this company will offer you a full time permanent position, along with a competitive benefits package and career development opportunities.
Does it sound like you?
If you think you have the skills we're looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role please apply now to send your CV or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mary O'Brien on 0121 329 7588.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.