We have an immediate contract requirement for an Electrical Engineering Manager for the concept design, procurement and delivery of Balance of Plant (Electrical Connection) for our client's innovative power plant to be constructed in Kent.
Working with our client's Project team, the Electrical Engineering Manager will contribute to a robust concept and supplier evaluation of for the customer connection scope. You will report to the Balance of Plant Package Manager
* Point of contact with Electrical Contractors for all activities relating to the scope of services, participating in the various meetings and reporting processes where necessary
* Support all project risk identification and mitigation processes to ensure safety by design
* Provide technical expertise in areas of electrical engineering
* Liaising with our client's electrical team for support as necessary
* Handling of technical queries during tender supplier selection stages and through delivery
* Provide technical assessment input to supplier selection process
* Support detailed design stage with selected contractor(s)
* Scope and manage configuration of electrical interfaces to plant
* Quality assurance checks on supplier electrical design documentation * Provision of technical support at Design Review meetings
* Management of Site Representative services during construction including
* Management of Site based quality checks including review and sign-off of construction ITPs and Test Certificates
* Strong technical project management capabilities
* Range of technical capabilities to include;
MV substation development and construction experience (33kV, 11kV)
MV cable design/installation experience
Experience with industrial connections (power quality, harmonics, inrush, etc.)
Due to current restrictions, scope of service is envisaged to be delivered remotely. Under normal working conditions it is envisaged that presence will be required in the London office 1-2 days per week and during construction weekly visits to construction site (Kent) should be anticipated. Some foreign travel may be required. For more information on this excellent contract opportunity please contact the recruitment team on 0191 2610919 or apply online
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.