We have an immediate requirement for a full time Electrical Engineer within our client's existing Offshore Wind Team.
As a team member of the group you will assist in the operations and maintenance of our client's operating offshore Wind Farm, maintaining the wind turbines and a 24hr control facility installed at the Wind Farm. The Electrical Engineer will be directly responsible for the Electrical maintenance activities of the assets, giving technical input to and making decisions and analysis which will protect asset integrity and wind farm revenue.
Therefore critical Operating decisions will be required daily to protect and where possible optimise the revenue.
It is critical that the highest standards of Safety and Quality are maintained at all times by doing the right job, right, first time.
Certain aspects of the maintenance activities will be in collaboration with contractors personnel therefore an understanding of contract
conditions and a flexible approach to work will be required.
The Electrical Engineer should be able to work unsupervised and may also be required to work flexible hours as the situation demands, with
frequent work offshore and at short notice.
The Electrical Engineers responsibilities will be to:
* Act as Site expert for all electrical infrastructure, specialised on LV equipment.
* Support the HV Electrical Engineers in all HV Equipment decisions.
* Conduct onsite audits of WTG Contractors O&M activities during both scheduled and unscheduled tasks.
* Provide site representation during major electrical works onshore and offshore (Main component exchanges).
* Oversee / Carry out proactive O&M procedures on Electrical plant items and also supervise teams in these activities.
* Provide a rapid response to inspect, troubleshoot and assist with repair of components following failures.
* Develop and manage a programme of plant condition monitoring to minimise the risk of failure through life.
* Facilitate and participate in asset integrity inspection using both internal and 3rd party engineers.
* Potential to support commissioning activities at Wind Farms under construction.
* Participate in build completion quality inspections and offsite Factory Acceptance Tests as required.
* Provide site representation at external/internal meetings with contractors working groups.
* Provide feedback to central Engineering functions for future wind farm builds and participate in technical leadership groups.
* Provide leadership in the design, development, approval and installation of modifications to the electrical system onshore and offshore, whilst understanding the impact on grid code compatibility.
Skills & Experience:
* Electrical engineer experienced in a power generation or heavy engineering environment.
* Academic qualifications: a minimum of HNC but BEng or MEng preferred
* Analytical approach to problem solving as working in isolation and planning their own work.
* Good communication skills especially ability to engage specialists for complex operations.
* Experience working in a multi-contract installation.
* Flexible due to nature of the offshore environment.
Desirable but training can be delivered
* Specific Electrical Engineering experience with wind turbines or Siemens Electrical equipment.
* Experience working in the offshore environment.
* Approved Offshore sea survival training.
* Knowledge and experience of High Voltage electrical switching and the grid code.
* Accredited under the Safety On wind turbine safety rules.
* Accredited GWO working at Height training.
* Recognised First Aid at Work qualification.
Excellent salary and package details
For more information on this excellent opportunity please contact the recruitment team or apply online
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.