DSP Principal Scientist
£36,000 - £45,000 DOE
Kelly Services are keen to speak with experienced USP Principal Scientists to join a dynamic global company with a focus to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and gene therapies with world class cGMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow's medicines.
You will act as the Downstream lead (responsible for the delivery of the Downstream elements; Clarification (depth filtration/centrifugation), chromatography, UFDF, Final filtration) for customer programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a small team of junior scientists to ensure the successful delivery of the Downstream portion of customer programs. The role is a highly technical role that will also involve interactions with both customers and internal stakeholders. The role will also encompass involvement in GMP operations up to 200L scale. Ideally the candidate will have experience of working with Viral Vectors (AAV, Lenti, or Adenovirus) or viral vaccines, although this is not a pre-requisite.
· Line management experience
· Practical and theoretical expertise in purification of recombinant proteins or mAbs
· Expertise of how to scale up Downstream processes - Chromatography, UFDF, Filtration, Viral clearance
· Proficiency in the operation of cytiva AKTAs
· Good presentation, and organisational skills
· Some industrial (non academic) experience
· Be able to develop a downstream process so it is scalable and repeatable with minimal supervision and support
· Ability to plan and deliver projects to agreed timelines.
· Good communication skills.
· Willingness to learn new technologies and scientific concepts
Candidates with a proven experience of working with gene therapy vectors; AAV, Adenovirus and/or Lentivirus would be advantageous along with;
· Experience of both Hollow Fiber and flat sheet TFF
· Experience of developing capsid enrichment steps
· Understanding and ability to perform some analytical techniques - SDS PAGE, UV vis, HPLC
· Closed processing experience
· Prior CDMO experience
· Proficiency in the use of the automated UFDF and chromatography systems.
· Viral clearance experience
· Understanding of cGMP
If you have the skills and background to succeed in this position, please apply by submitting your CV.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.