Our client is one of Europe's largest electricity generators and producer of heat operating across Europe. Their strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are now recruiting for a Document Controller to join their Document Management team in Hexham on a long term contract position.
This role will be responsible for managing documentation for our clients large onshore wind farm project
The Document Controller will be an integral part of the project team, they will ensure SharePoint is set-up correctly from the start of construction and will be responsible for managing project documentation through the construction phase to ensure a successful hand-over.
The Document Controller will also facilitate work instructions to the project team and our contractors. It would also be expected that you will guide the team into using SharePoint, showing them the benefits of working with such a system.
- Set-up project template (basic configuration) to reflect contractor document requirements for our clients contracts and internal project requirements.
- SPOC (single point of contract) for project documentation
- Receive, distribute and track documentation through SharePoint, maintaining version control, meta data and system users
- Provide document control procedures and processes in line with company standard
- Maintain document control registers, Master Document Register and HoTo tool (hand over, take over)
- Manage workflows between our client & their Contractors, for documents requiring review and approvals, based on information in our contracts
- Manage internal and external permissions
- Facilitate document control work instructions and processes for contractor and client document control
- Ongoing evaluation of internal and external document quality, performance and adherence to requirements
- Train internal and external project team members with the use of SharePoint
- Ensure the timely turnaround of documentation issued internally or received externally
- Prepare close out documentation/reports in preparation for handover.
- Take an active part in the Document Control network
- Be an ambassador for the Document Management team when interfacing with other business areas
Education/Qualification: Higher Level of Education preferred.
Experience, Skills, knowledge, strengths
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a project team and build strong relationships
- Experienced in document management systems, processes and procedures.
- Experience in managing technical documentation particularly in Engineering Industry
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Office 365 (SharePoint), Livelink,
- Strong organisational, management and coordination skills
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads and frequent changes in priorities
- Capable of working autonomously
- Experience of working cross culturally and across global locations
- Eye for detail and methodical worker.
We look forward to your application!
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.