We have an immediate 2 year fixed term contract vacancy for our prestigious renewable energy client. This is a key role within our clients UK development team
The role will involve the development and delivery of onshore wind projects from the point of identification, through landowner negotiation and the planning process with the aim to deliver consented, economically viable and buildable projects for FID (Financial Investment Decision) and handover to the construction team.
The role will involve liaison with the wider business to ensure work is undertaken in line with the relevant company quality and risk management processes and the requirements of the Construction and Operations team are met.
The role will be based at the Development Office in South Wales but there will be travel to other UK offices, to site and abroad as required.
- Identifying and signing new onshore wind projects including building relationships with landowners.
- Knowledge of GIS systems.
- Financial modelling.
- Negotiation of Legal agreements and Contracts.
- Project management including oversight of EIA consultants and Budgets.
- Stakeholder management.
- Working with partners, the supply chain and other stakeholders to deliver local benefits.
- Attendance at Public Exhibitions.
Required skills and experience
- Experience in onshore wind development.
- Contribute proactively to personal and overall team targets.
- Deliver projects in line with the associated project plans, budgets and targets.
- Maintain and proactively manage project economics throughout the project lifecycle.
- Identify and propose mitigation for key project risks.
- Maintain effective consultation with key internal and external stakeholders in relation to projects, development and the company strategy.
- Experience of working on planning and development within the renewables industry (ideally onshore wind) with all the technical knowledge that entails.
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant engineering, science, planning or environmental degree.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with landowners, the public, local politicians and civil servants, the onshore wind supply chain, contractors and senior managers.
- Good report writing skills.
- The ability to maintain high levels of drive and energy, setting personally challenging targets with a strong drive to deliver results.
- Persistent in overcoming challenges and obstacles to ensure that projects are delivered to a satisfactory standard.
- Able to manage a workload to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
Competitive salary and package details
For more information on this excellent opportunity please contact the recruitment team or apply online
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.