Job Title:Design and Development Engineer
Hourly Rate: £25-£28
Duration: 6 months
About the company
Kelly Services are currently working in partnership with a global company, founded in 1919 that organises itself into distinct but complementary business segments.
Your new job
Our client are seeking a Design and Development Engineer for their site in Darlington. Lead design and development for engineering assignments including products, parts, components, systems or portions of major projects
- Sketch outlines design and use computer-aided design for detailed design, generating parts lists and specifications
- Work with experts and stakeholders to define requirements and development plans and leading the activity through the development life cycle
- Interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas
- Consult with marketing department about upgrading the product, failures in service and reducing the cost
- Consult with the development engineering about new products and the application of novel technology
- Consider various factors of engineering drawings or diagrams, including use of the product, its environment, materials, the economics pf production, safety, legal requirements, quality, production requirements, cost and ease of maintenance
- Host cross functional design reviews to meet program scheduling
- University degree in engineering or relevant experience
- Proven design experience
- Recent experience with ICE ( Industrial Customer Engineering) engine component design and development
- Engine system or component development ownership
- Independently work with all internal and external stakeholders (supplier, manufacturing etc.) to develop assigned system or component
- Engine component or system analysis experience
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability
- Team player and detail oriented
- Project management and long term planning
- Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated reports
- Previous experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field
Please apply with your CV to take advantage of this role ASAP!
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.