Our Client is a leading engineering business based in the West Midlands. The company currently require a talented Data Integration Engineer to join the business.
Purpose of the role:
- Integration Engineer to support the delivery of multi-organisational integration projects and enterprise data-warehouse (including MDM, ODS and historic, modelled data).
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced software developer with a background in building data pipelines, who enjoys optimising systems as well as building them from the ground up.
- The position holder will support our software developers, architects and analysts on initiatives and will ensure the optimal delivery architecture is applied throughout ongoing and future projects.
- Create and maintain optimal integration solutions including data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using on-premise SQL and Azure 'big data' technologies.
- Build, using Power BI outputs that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the business leaders, product & data teams to assist with technical issues and support their infrastructure need.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries and compliant with client requirements where necessary.
- Experience delivering integration solutions using modern software technologies and techniques:
- Backend Technologies: ASP.NET Core using C#, Entity Framework Core
- UI Technologies: AngularJS, Angular (TypeScript), Razor Pages, Blazor
- A successful history of using DevOps best practises including backlog management, Source Control (Git), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) with Azure DevOps
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experiences with on-premise SQL services: SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services
- Experience with Azure cloud services: Web Apps, Hybrid Connections, Storage, Application Insights, Containerization, Azure Active Directory, Azure Automation, Key Vault, SQL Database, SQL Data Warehouse, Data Lake, Data Factory, Data Bricks, PowerBI
- Competitive salary, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.