Kelly Services is currently looking for a Data Analyst to work at Google:
Role: Data Analyst
Duration: 12 months
Applicable Bonus: company bonus plan
We are recruiting for a temporary position as a Data Analyst working in the Google Health team. This role is based in London where the candidate would be working alongside two Data Analysts/Scientists, and in collaboration with a larger team of Data Analysts/Scientists based in Palo Alto, California.
The role is to work on a large healthcare data mapping project. Clinical data are often recorded in proprietary formats, do not conform to standards and have numerous idiosyncrasies. To overcome this challenge, clinical data ingested by Google Health needs to be mapped and cleaned to a common data model. This work contributes to several Google Health projects and products, downstream of the mapped datasets.
- Analyse raw electronic health record (EHR) data to gain understanding of the data structure, relationships, complexity and completeness
- Map the raw datasets to a standardised data model (FHIR) using a SQL-based config language
- Debug potential data issues by comparing different data metrics and writing ad-hoc SQL queries
- Maintain and update documentation relating to datasets and mappings
- Develop detailed knowledge of raw EHR data and data mappings, becoming the go-to person for the team's questions related to area of expertise
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Minimum:
- Degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. mathematics, statistics, bioinformatics, epidemiology, computer science, economics) or a scientific discipline with a significant numerical component1+ years of relevant work experience in an analytical role, preferably within healthcare
- Evidence, through degree or work experience, of strong numerical skills
- Experience cleaning and extracting data from messy datasets
- Experience analysing large datasets using SQL Excellent critical thinking skills and attention to detail Strong verbal and written communication skills Enthusiasm for developing detailed knowledge of electronic healthcare data and clinical data standards
- Experience with clinical data warehouses and/or analysis of electronic health records
- Familiarity with one or more healthcare data standards (e.g. HL7v2, FHIR)
If this sounds good, APPLY NOW!
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.