Cyber Security Engineer
3 month contract (initially)
£390.00 / £500.00 per day (PAYE / LCC)
Macclesfield - Currently 2 days onsite (Monday/Tuesday) - This could change as restrictions lift
Kelly Services have an immediate contract vacancy for an experienced Cyber Security Engineer. Working on behalf of our Global Pharmaceutical Client, we are keen to speak with talented individuals to work on a semi-remote basis.
Our client is a global, science-led bio-pharmaceutical business whose innovative medicines are used by hundreds of millions of patients worldwide. Our IT 2025 strategy is focused on Smarter, Faster, Leaner and Better and we're looking for a Cyber Security Engineer to play an active part in helping make this strategy a reality.
This role is part remote, working a standard 5-day week for 40 hours a week and is deemed as outside of IR35.
· Engineer, build, configure, test, and implement Cyber Security solutions for the organisation spanning Cloud, on-premises, and third-party collaboration environments with the predominant focus on Cloud and DevOps enablement
· Define and contribute to strategy, principles, policies, standards and governance covering Cloud, DevOps, Corporate network connectivity, tooling, ways of working, application security standards, static and dynamic code review, penetration testing (both automated and manual / exploratory), monitoring (including Security Information and Event Management [SIEM]), mapping governance and compliance frameworks and controls to technical implementation, shifting hardening processes as far left as possible, network traffic inspection (including IDS / IPS)
· Help define the future state of Cyber Security within the organisation, conduct review and gap analysis between current state and future state including existing measures and controls, and then work to uplift to align to the future state vision
· Anticipate threats, identify weaknesses, and respond promptly and effectively to possible breaches or areas of concern with a focus on Cloud and DevOps
· Continuous testing, continuous validation, continuous monitoring suitable and applicable to more modern and flexible ways of working
· Anticipate the moves, tactics, and motivations that hackers will use to try and gain unauthorised access to our client's technology assets. Keeping on top of latest techniques but also maintaining a view of historical approaches as many of these are cyclical and get reused
· Operating worldwide via the UK to aid and assist international stakeholders
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
- Must have large enterprise IT experience, ideally with significant Cloud and DevOps exposure
- Have or are working towards a recognised Cyber Security certification
- Membership of a professional body (e.g. BCS, IET, ISC2)
- Experience and familiarity with a range of automated build and deployment tools
- Development and Systems Administration experience - ideally with process automation and/or configuration management
- Experience with SIEM, anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls, and content filtering
- Security administration and auditing across internal and external network and systems including IDS deployment and monitoring and system vulnerability auditing.
- Familiarity with Security technologies including Intrusion Detection and Prevention, Vulnerability scanning, firewalling/packet inspection, system integrity monitoring, etc
- Familiarity with common attack techniques and their remediation/defence including DoS, DDoS, Social engineering, Virus, Malware, Vulnerability exploitation, Phishing & Spear Phishing, Worms, Trojans, Rootkits, Ransomware, XSS, SQL Injection, Remote Command Execution, Session Hijacking, etc.
If you are interested in learning more of this exciting opportunity to join one of the world's largest names in the industry, please contact the team on 0191 249 8187 to apply or for more information.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.