Country Manager UK, Ireland and BeNeLux
Job Type: Permanent
Kelly Services are supporting a Global Life Science Client that specializes in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. They target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
Our client places the patient at the heart of everything they do, with a mission surrounding bringing time critical new treatments to the market, significantly faster than the industry average.
As their exclusive recruitment partner, we are looking to support them in building their Commercial team to play a key role in being the best development partner to ensure patients with rare conditions get access to the most optimal therapies for their condition.
The purpose of the job is to uphold, promote and continue this vision by preparing the market for and ensuring reimbursed access to forthcoming products.
The Country Manager will be responsible for managing all within-country operations. Responsibilities and functional oversight to include: commercial operations, promotional activities, marketing operations, partner management, health care financing, health policy and politics
- Create business plans for UK, Ireland & BeNeLux in collaboration with the field force
- Engage the market successfully using specific business models
- Ensure the UK/Ireland/BeNeLux work ethically and according to the external country laws and internal SOPs
- Understand the market access issues both locally and nationally and be able to find solutions for product uptake
- Act as a product champion for emerging pipeline products, working closely with medical, marketing franchise owners and patient advocacy colleagues.
- Support and attend national and local meetings in the therapeutic areas of interest to the company
- Be a valued and engaged member of a specific zone management team
- Work cooperatively with different external stakeholders in the furtherance of disease awareness initiatives in the defined area.
- Develop effective relationships with internal stakeholders such as marketing and market access to optimize the realization of company objectives
- Be the local ambassador so that we become the partner of choice for payers, HCPs and patient organisations
- Ensure relevant training is undertaken for the field force
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Confidence to interact with customers at all levels.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent planning and organisation.
- Motivated and passionate to succeed.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Confidence to manage challenges.
- Experience of leading a field team
- Given the sometimes highly technical nature of the material the post holder would be expected to have a biological sciences degree and may come from a pharmacy, biological sciences or chemistry background.
- Background in partnering with market development/market access functions for orphan/ultra orphan drugs highly preferred.
- Some experience of engagement with political stakeholders and media training would be preferred
- Highly attuned negotiation skills and strong people's skills
- Solid understanding of the Irish healthcare and pharma market
- Ability to quickly gain practical knowledge and understanding of key product areas and customers.
- Knowledge of industry and local market conditions.
- The incumbent will be comfortable working with minimal supervision and in a field and office based setting. They must also have the creative vision to lead a team in a virtual setting and ensure goal attainment and motivation is maintained. Given the complexity of the role, applicants are being sought who have at least 7 years' experience working within a small research based pharmaceutical environment.
- The post holder will be expected to supervise and manage others so the capacity and willingness to do so will be important
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.