Core Business Lead
Our client is a world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. They target illnesses that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating, and have few treatment options.
This role is responsible for leveraging market research and analytics critical to direct brand strategies and optimizing market development plans and tactics. Analyses complex problems and situations, provides logical recommendations, and leads any required action planning. Accountable for successful management of projects with an ability to push a project to completion. Responsible for establishing superior working relationships with Key Opinion Leaders, involved in Physician Disease Education Programs /Activities. You will also serve as the contact person for Regional Access to Care Initiatives, maintaining cross-functional relationships among different departments in Italy and aligning with the EMEA team.
The role will have high visibility and clear accountability for transformational projects aimed at supporting the goal of allowing broader access to care, in coordination with Medical, Public Affairs, Government, and Access Departments. Cross-functional activities may include disease awareness campaigns, screening initiatives, and information about linkage to care.
Job duties include:
- Understand National and Regional priorities in Italy regarding access to care in rare diseases.
- Drive cross-functional team stakeholder insights and establish a broad market understanding that supports effective resource allocation
- Develop and implement communication strategies that embrace key stakeholder groups, in coordination with the Internal Functional Teams; identify and prioritize different patient/stakeholder segments based upon unmet medical needs.
- PKU-ERT Franchise; in charge of market expansion activities/proposals, working together with Other Functions Team members. Maintain awareness and progress of access to care activities, including implementation and outcomes, and provide regular updates to the Country Manager together with recommendations for improvement.
Skills and experience:
- A strong networker and influencer with a proven ability to work across the company matrix; working with all levels/functions.
- The Ideal candidate will have a marketing profile and possibly work in both business analytics and marketing functions leading key projects. Experience in running non-promotional campaigns and projects would be considered as an added value.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to approach new opportunities in a structured but enquiring way that goes beyond the facts and figures to uncover the true underlying medical need.
- Insightful and willing to embrace new ideas and concepts in a way that carefully evaluates risk and benefit.
- Objective with the ability to question and challenge ideas and concepts in a constructive manner.
- Willing to take educated risks and balance speed of implementation vs depth of knowledge (e.g. scaling up a pilot project if the interim evaluation shows positive outcomes)
- High integrity and personal awareness that allows the individual to get things done with the trust of the wider team
- Ability to discuss problems and solutions with KOLs, and scientific societies
- Knowledge of Rare Disease space is a clear advantage, but not mandatory
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to demonstrate excellence in project management and effectively manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biological Sciences or Economics / Marketing required (MBA or another business degree a plus)
To apply please email your CV
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.