Salary is DOE
My client an international special purpose machinery manufacturer seeking an experienced Controls Engineer for their Head Office site based in Aylesbury.
You will be responsible for assisting in the development of specialist bespoke machinery. Whilst creating and developing machine electrical and software solutions for special purpose automated machinery projects.
- Deliver control and safety systems which comply with the appropriate national and international standards
- Be responsible for the creation and development of machine electrical and software solutions for special purpose automated machinery projects.
- Programme and commission various robots and PLC systems.
- Test and debug software applications and produce detailed test plans
- Produce software documentation
- Communicate effectively with customers, suppliers and team members
- Be responsible for testing within the factory test and on customer sites
- Be part of a team dedicated to delivering projects to plan and budget
- A proactive can-do attitude.
- A positive and determined work ethic
- A professional approach
- A commitment to excellence in all that you do
- A team player, willing to continuously and proactively collaborate, share, and seek information and guidance
- Self-driven to make a significant contribution to maximising AGR customer service
- Willing and able to travel to customer sites both nationally and internationally for commissioning and post commissioning support.
This role would be suitable for an experienced Controls Engineer competent electrical and software machinery design.
- HND/Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- A proven track record of successfully delivering machine control system projects to required timescale and budget
- Electrical design understanding and electrical fault finding.
- Experience working with PLC and software applications in Siemens or Allen Bradley (preferably both) - Will be tested practically at interview.
- Ideally knowledge and experience of some of the following; Robotic systems, HMI development, Ethernet devices, Vision Systems, Communications protocols (e.g. TCP/IP), Configuration of networks, Electrical design, Machine safety standards and Motion control equipment.
- Experience of automation and production machinery design, ideally with a hands-on approach.
- Ideally have object oriented programming ability.
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail and data accuracy
- Effective interpersonal relationship skills to create a positive and productive team-oriented environment with all departments
- A proactive and flexible approach to work and be comfortable with a dynamic environment with constantly changing priorities
- Working on the full project lifecycle of projects - design, development, commissioning, customer training and support
- The ability to work on your own initiative
In return, this company will offer you a full time permanent position. Along with a competitive benefits package and career development opportunities.
Does it sound like you?
If you think you have the skills we're looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role please apply now to send your CV or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mary O'Brien on 0121 329 7588.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.