Role: Compliance Specialist
Location: West End, London
Duration: October 2020 until October 2021
Rate per hour: £32 - £34 per hour
Our client, one of the Big Four multinational technology companies, is looking for an experienced Compliance Specialist to deal with the regulatory compliance & MLRO for their electronic payment division, an authorised electronic money issuer in the United Kingdom.
Role & Responsibilities
- Implement and manage regulatory framework, ensuring regulated activities of the business are carried out
- Ensure ongoing compliance to company policies and standards. Also manage and maintain policies including: Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering, Complaints, Risk Management and Safeguarding
- Participate in the MG Team in proactively assessing, mitigating and reporting on business issues and any risk items arising from day to day business activities
- Report to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis, providing updates as appropriate; prepare materials for the Board reports as required
- Be the primary point of contact and engagement with relevant regulators and authorities, including: FCA, NCA and FOS
- Advise operational stakeholders on obligations & compliance with applicable regulatory requirements; provide compliance guidance to operational escalations as needed.
- Provide guidance and/or review and approve KYC/AML escalations
- Receive reports in regard to suspicious activity and evaluate these; disclosure of internal suspicions of money laundering and reporting to the NCA
- Review and approve the onboarding of high-risk customers, such as PEPs or those with complex ownership structures
- Provide guidance and/or review and approval customer support escalations including disputes
- Manage and/or create (where necessary) action plans in response to operational deficiencies, audit discoveries, compliance violations etc
- Identify any required regulatory policy updates and implementing required changes, keep abreast of regulatory developments
- Ensure all required reporting is completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Monitor the performance of operational functions fulfilled by the group; engage operational stakeholders in ongoing monitoring/oversight meetings ensuring all necessary systems and controls are operating as intended
- Advise product teams on proposed new products and/or proposed new launches, as needed.
- Educated to degree level, preferably in law, finance, business management or related field
- Additional hold an ICA, ACAMS or equivalent qualification
- 10+ years' proven experience in a compliance officer role
- A real working knowledge of the UK payments & electronic money legislation, its regulatory requirements and procedures
- Experience within AML/Financial Crime
- Experience within regulated complaints handling
- Experience of regulatory engagement/communications
- Experience with Board level engagement and board reporting
- The ability to foster strong relationships with different business areas and stakeholders
- Brilliant oral and written communication skills.
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.