Our Client are a leading electronic manufacturing business based in the North East of England. The company currently require a talented Compliance Manager to join the business.
Purpose of the role:
- Ensure all new and existing company products meet the required legal technical standards and in-house policies
- Work with internal resources and external certification bodies to ensure company products comply with technical standards as efficiently as possible
- Be responsible for technical and certification standards throughout the company
- Regularly audit and review standards, systems and certifications
- Ensure all company products meet the required certification standards
- Work with the engineering team, product management team and external 3rd party suppliers to improve our technical performance and compliance
- Work with external certification bodies for best performance
- Recommend changes to our new and current products based on internal and external testing
- Supervise and schedule the work activities for the Compliance Department
- Stay up-to-date of upcoming changes in certification standards and ensure the business is prepared in advance
- Define what certification and testing is required for new products in each of our markets
- Deliver certification and testing on-time and on-budget to ensure smooth product launches and continuation of existing product lines
- Establish and act upon a certification matrix which covers what testing is required for each product line depending on planned global reach and volume
- Oversee internal pre-testing and troubleshooting
- Review the work of colleagues and external test-houses to identify compliance issues and provide advice, training or solutions
- Drive internal training on compliance issues
- Proven experience in a compliance role
- In-depth knowledge of the electrical testing standards and regulations
- A solid understanding and working relationship with external testing, inspection, and certification companies
- Impeccable ethical standards
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- Ability to make decisions based on high quality interpretation of information
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning capabilities
- Excellent IT skills
- Great analytical and maths skills
- A commitment to self-development and professional development
- Excellent judgement, problem solving and critical thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive salary offered, bonus and a comprehensive benefits package.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.