A Communications Specialist is required for an international multi sited organisation, the ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the execution of business groupwide communications plans and activities to drive engagement with key stakeholders internally and externally.
As part of the EMEA Communications Team, the EMEA Communications Specialist will also play a key role in executing communications tactics in support of the company's strategy and culture.
Job Dimensions & Scope
People responsibility (direct vs indirect): no direct reports. Internally, engages with stakeholders from across the business; externally interacts with agencies.
· Support the planning and execution of communications activities in support of business goals, strategy, and culture
· Lead and support on both regular rhythm and ad-hoc projects as directed by the Communications Manager
· Create written content, including stories, social media posts, announcements, scripts, storyboards, etc
· Develop high-impact visual communications including PPT, emails, SharePoint sites and other collateral
· Identify story ideas from internal and external sources and contribute to pipeline of content
· Coordinate internal events, develop content to promote events, brief presenters as well as support event logistics and execution
- Support in managing agencies and vendors
- Analyze and measure impact of communications activities, proactively suggesting areas for improvement
- Serve as department point person for brand style guide and corporate brand standards
- Ownership and development of internal communications tools and channels
Major Challenges & Complexities
- Decentralized organization
- Working in a highly international environment
- Connect with production co-workers who do not have online access at work
- Formal Qualifications and Experience
- Fluent in English with excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; strong storytelling and editorial skills
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in communications roles - in-house or agency
- Proven experience developing a wide array of content - both internal (desired in both office and factory co-workers) and external
- Experience managing agencies and vendors
- Specific Skills and Abilities
- Highly motivated personality with outstanding attention to detail and desire to develop a career in Communications or Marketing
- Strong copywriting skills: ability to adapt content to different audiences using journalistic tactics
- Good eye for design - ability to create highly visual content in a clear and compelling way
- Understanding of digital and social media channels and passionate about generating/sharing engaging content and new technologies
- Comfortable making fast decisions when needed, pushing back, challenging the status quo and proactively presenting new ideas
- Self-starter; able to work independently with little oversight
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Open minded and collaborative approach to work
- Comfortable working remotely
- Strong knowledge of communication tools and channels, including social media
This role is flexible, it could be solely working from home or a hybrid role, the company has various sites across the UK,
Hours - 8.30am - 5.30pm
Salary circa 40k
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.