Commercial Manager/QS - (Interim) London
Do you want to be part of building a new European business venture in Innovative Renewables ?
Our client is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Commercial (Quantity Surveyor) Manager UK within their new Business Unit Energy Solutions. You will become a member of the commercial team within Energy Solutions UK. Reporting to the Head of Commercial, you will be responsible for providing expert advice on commercial and contract risk, advising on contract terms to manage, mitigate and reduce risks in the delivery of solutions.
This business venture offers low carbon solutions for large scale heat networks, solar power, electricity infrastructure, e-mobility, storage technologies and digital platforms combining the benefits of both decentralised & centralised energy production to deliver a service fitting the demands of the next generation of infrastructure in the UK. Our client designs, install and manages the most optimal energy solution to achieve the smallest possible environmental footprint for our customers and yet being cost efficient. Offering a single point of contact combining hardware and energy-services into a complete and convenient energy solution - we aim to be the only energy partner our customers need.
If you want to be part of building an innovative energy venture then this is client is the place to be.
Responsibilities will include:
- Taking QS responsibility for the client's suite of projects, and leading the monthly commercial evaluation of projects
- Supporting the procure to pay process, ensuring timely appointment of services to project timescales
- Establish capital cost estimating database; work with solutions team to ensure real delivery costs are incorporated into project tenders
- Negotiation and critical review of Client and sub-contractor forms of contract to mitigate commercial risk during execution
- Anticipating and mitigating commercial disputes, and overseeing dispute resolution process.
- Contract management including budget and forecast setting and project reports in relation to risks, costs, KPI's and contingencies; resolving contractual and commercial issues; ensuring early identification and communication to Head of Commercial & Head of Delivery
- Managing project forecasts and budgets together with embedding processes to manage contractors and contract profitability
- Manage staff cost allocations to projects
- Support Project Delivery team to provide information, attend meetings and manage delivery risks to meet optimal commercial outcomes
- Set up and manage a system of 'red flag' reporting to Management Team
To be successful with our client , we believe that you will need the following experience:
- University degree or equivalent professional qualifications with experience of construction law
- Membership of an appropriate Professional Association
- Experience in UK construction environment such as energy, utilities, transport or infrastructure
- Experience of client, subcontractor and supply chain management, together with working knowledge of standard forms of contract, NEC, JCT
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent influencing skill
To thrive with our client you will need to be the following :
- A high performing individual with a drive to successfully accomplish what is set to be done
- Passionate about being part of the transformation taking place in the energy sector
- Commercially and numerically astute, with drive as a team player that helps everyone else to be better at what they do
- A very strong doer and hands-on person who takes pride in delivering results
- Excellent at people management and building and developing relationships with internal and external key stakeholders
- Some UK travel will be required
Contact the recruitment team for more information on this exciting opportunity
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.