Commercial Modelling Analyst
Swindon with a very flexible working from home policy
£38,000 - £45,000 plus benefits
A fantastic, high profile role offering great exposure to senior management and a real stepping-stone in to an exceptional business. The requirement for financial, commercial and modelling experience means that we need a blend of all three so that you can demonstrate sufficient financial understanding as well as the commercial know-how around large-scale construction projects.
You will be providing cost and scenario modelling services to large scale offshore wind projects. In addition, you will be expected to perform detailed commercial and risk analysis of cost books, operating models and commercial proposals, the output of which will be to provide recommendations for our client's strategy.
Part of your role will be to identify inefficiencies in processes and procedures in order to drive improvement across the portfolio.
Required skills and experience
- Relevant degree level qualification, preferably in a science, economic or maths-based subject.
- Experienced with large-scale cost or financial modelling tools and approaches
- Familiar with commercial 'cost / benefit' analysis methodology
- Analytical and detail-conscious
- Ability to present financial information using appropriate media to senior management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to liaise with both finance and operational colleagues
- Understanding of the electricity market in the UK and the challenges that face the renewable energy industry
- Ability to challenge the work of others in an effective but sensitive manner
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.