Salary up to £27,000 per annum
My client an innovative manufacturer are for seeking an experienced CNC Setter / Operator for their site based in Bedford.
You will be responsible for the setting and operating a cell of CNC and manual machines, to perform a simultaneous and inter-related sequence of operations on components in compliance with specification.
- Work in an environment of continuous improvement and follow the Right First Time philosophy in the manufacture of quality parts.
- Refer to drawings, tool list and set-up sheet to obtain appropriate tooling and measuring equipment and return upon completion of job.
- Mark out if required, load and unload components manually or by jib crane to work piece chucks or fixtures. Set correctly and secure.
- Set the CNC machine tools to program setting sheet, using multiple tooling stations. Set gearshaper m/c.
- Operate the CNC controls, having a basic understanding of machine tool programming and produce component parts to company standards. Operate semi-automatic gearshaper.
- Carry out dimensional and visual checks using appropriate measuring equipment and gauges, to ensure components meet inspection standards.
- Ensure required standards of safety are adhered to, machine cleanliness and routine machine lubrication is carried out.
- Report to supervision any machine tool or measuring instrument defect to minimise scrap and downtime.
- Participate in Kaizen activities to improve processes and increase efficiency.
- Liaise with Production Engineering, Quality and Supervision in problem solving and determining maximum efficiency.
- To carry out any reasonable task or project that may be required by the line manager.
This role would be suitable for an experienced CNC Setter / Operator competent in operating and setting a lathe machinery.
- Working to engineering drawings
- Good manual dexterity
- Experience with CNC machines
- Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and hardworking
- Ability to prioritise
- Calm under pressure
In return, this company will offer you a permanent position with the shift patterns of 6am to 2.30pm Monday to Thursday and 6am to 10.30am Friday. Along with overtime and progression opportunities as well as a competitive package.
Does it sound like you?
If you think you have the skills we're looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role please apply now to send your CV or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mary O'Brien on 0121 329 7588.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.