We have an immediate contract requirement for a Civil Engineering Manager for the concept design, procurement and delivery of Balance of Plant (civil works) for our client's innovative power plant to be constructed in Kent.
Working with our client's Project team, the Civil Engineering Manager will contribute to a robust concept and supplier evaluation for the civil and enabling works (including associated landscaping, drainage, highway works etc), to house the main plant.
* Point of contact to Contractors for all activities relating to the scope of services, participating in the various meetings and reporting processes where necessary
* Support all project risk identification and mitigation processes to ensure safety by design
* Provide technical expertise in areas of civil engineering
* Liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders
* Handling of technical queries during tender supplier selection stages and through delivery
* Provide technical assessment input to supplier selection process
* Support detailed design stage with selected contractor(s)
* Scope and manage configuration of engineering interfaces to plant and into other parts of the project team/network
* Quality assurance checks on suppliers' civil design documentation
* Provision of technical support at Design Review meetings
* Management of Site Representative services during construction including
* Management of Site based quality checks including review and sign off of construction ITPs and Hand over/ Taking over certificates
* Collect lessons learnt and drive workshops to feed learnings back into the Line organisation
Candidates have to demonstrate an understanding of Health and Safety and Environment legislation including CDM and the actions required to achieve compliance along with a proven track record of working within highly regulated environments with high safety standards and culture.
Candidates must also have a good understanding of the needs of quality and how quality is assured and controlled along with relevant experience of commercial, contractual and financial project drivers. Experience of fast-track projects and project start up with multiple work streams is of relevance. In addition:
* Strong technical project management capabilities
* Range of technical capabilities to include;
o Civil engineering experience relevant for distribution substations and/or complex industrial plant buildings
Due to current restrictions, scope of service is envisaged to be delivered remotely. Under normal working conditions it is envisaged that presence will be required in the London office 1-2 days per week and during construction weekly visits to construction site (Kent) should be anticipated. Some foreign travel may be required. For more information on this excellent contract opportunity please contact the recruitment team on 0191 2610919 or apply online
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.